I use SQ for 2 years: Can anyone here report positive long-term results?

33 replies

Diwi

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 49 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #271196

Hi,

I’ve been using SQ4 since 2018 and haven’t had any long-term positive results. Can anyone here report positive long-term results? When calculating the EA’s, I proceed scientifically according to the manual.

My results look like in the attachments.

Regards,

Diwi

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

eto

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 19 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #271351

Hi,

Which broker u use for the trading?

normally, for forex, you need to choose the right broker i.e Dukascopy, LMAX and other reputable brokers ( but need to ensure the data u use is the same when u did the testing).

You can see u r well-capitalized.. why don’t u trade forex in the futures? It is a better place to go. CFD not well regulated like futures.

u can research why futures is better than CFD.

I have switched to futures since I don’t believe in CFD even the broker is ecn but in reality, they still sometimes trade against u. Unlike futures, the brokers will not against u.

Optimistic

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #271352

yes, results on forex are pretty turbulent these days and months – we can see it from our demo pools of strategies we are running and using on the real accounts – http://www.quantcommunity.net/demo.html

so to be profitable is not an easy task, but could be done for example by diversification through another assets – like stock indices

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Enric

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 114 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #271354

Hi Diwi,

You have to find your own way. I think all of us when we started we realized that following the course it wasn’t the way. The course provides good insights though, so it’s a first step but there’s a long way to go. Eventually you’ll discard half of the things and include some of your own.

In my humble opinion, just focus on easiest Forex pairs to trade; EUR, USD, JPY, GBP just take a couple of pairs and growth from there. More instruments is like a dog chasing his own tail. Make your strategies as simple as possible. i.e. Forget anything that begins by multiple. And double-check everything.

ivan

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 236 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #271356

unfortunately, i am also among those who after more than 2 years of generating and testing, i ended up so far being unprofitable or to be more exact, the strategies although technically are positive, they are too weak to be of any practical use

on the short term i was surprised to see how profitable they were but once i changed the broker, from Justforex to XM and probably the cycle was different, the performance on the long term, plummeted

at the present, my best strategies on the long term make an average between 30 – 70 pips/month which is underwhelming taking into consideration that on most beginner accounts, 100 pips equals 1 Eur or 1 dollar.  I have 3 or 4 strategies like that. To achieve something like 1 pip to equal 1 euro, that requires a huge account or huge risk.

Finally, one of the questions regarding profitability is not the profit alone of the strategy but the profit after you substract the effort, electricity, investment in equipment because if you make 5 – 10 EUR/month, in what timeframe can you recover the investment made in electricity, commissions…..etc.  The electricity alone costs more than the profit a few strategies can generate.

Again, one can argue that with a huge account and higher risk, you can make good profit even with a weak strategy if its stable on the longer term, but thats a more complex subject.

Timisoara, Romania
3900X 3.8 Ghz 12 cores, 64GB RAM DDR4 3000Mhz, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 NVMe

Diwi

Visit profile

2 years ago #271358

Hello everybody,

Many thanks for your responses. My broker is IC Market, with which I have had no issues for many years. So I will find my own way of creating expert advisors with SQ and implementing them profitably on the market. Thanks again for your answers.

Regards,

Dieter

Jason

Customer, bbp_participant, sq-ultimate, 69 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #271366

One way that I have found to be successful is using Algo Wizard templates. I found that if I created a basic trading idea in an Algo Wizard template with an additional random condition or two and maybe random entry or exits then that produced a higher proportion of profitable strategies.

You can produce simple strategy ideas in Algo Wizard that SQX will never find by data mining alone.

Maybe its different for others who just use pure data mining with different settings to me but that’s how I’ve found it to date.

hankeys

Visit profile

2 years ago #271367

but we are not traders of only a few strats – you need to build a portfolio of strats, consisting of for example 20-30 strats traded together

for example my NASDAQ portfolio has 80 strategies traded on 1 account

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

ivan

Visit profile

2 years ago #271369

but we are not traders of only a few strats – you need to build a portfolio of strats, consisting of for example 20-30 strats traded together for example my NASDAQ portfolio has 80 strategies traded on 1 account

yes, indeed, i am certain that 20 – 30 working, stable, reliable stras are technically achievable and if coupled with a large account, something like 10.000 EUR, then the results and profits are more than attractive but this is my opinion is exactly the myth or misconception in the minds of beginners that if you put 2 – 3 strategies on a 200 EUR or 400 EUR account, you will feel benefits right away and the never ending questions about why it doesn’t work at that level.

Of course, one can argue that someone who has over 10.000 EUR to spare or 30.000, there are also other ways of putting that money to work and get profits like for example renovating an old house and selling it with a profit….etc

Timisoara, Romania

ivan

Visit profile

2 years ago #271382

yes, results on forex are pretty turbulent these days and months – we can see it from our demo pools of strategies we are running and using on the real accounts – http://www.quantcommunity.net/demo.html so to be profitable is not an easy task, but could be done for example by diversification through another assets – like stock indices

those are very useful

the only downside to those strategy performance is that the time in which that performance is made is missing so its impossible to compare or to properly asses. For example 20 trades or 2000 pips in how many weeks or months

Timisoara, Romania

Diwi

Visit profile

2 years ago #271389

I spent a lot of hours in the SQ software and bought an AMD-3900X PC. Of course, it is the overall cost perspective that must be positive in the end and that working hours should also be fair. The demo accounts mentioned above in the attachments ran with three markets and 15 algos per market, passed all the endurance tests and did not generate any profit.

I will think about how and if I will continue. With manual futures trading, I make a multiple of pips that no algo can generate.

I thank you for your contributions.

tnickel

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 484 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #270573

It is a long way to find good strategies.

It will helpfull for you If you have knowledge in Trading.

All Information about for successfull Trading is in the forum.

See the Blog in this Forum too. There is some helpfull information.

I attached a picture of a successfull accounst. The first is a demoaccount and the second a life account. The accounts have different strategies.

I attach a real account too:

The strategies on the life account are different than the strategies on the demoaccount.

https://monitortool.jimdofree.com/

Gin

Subscriber, bbp_participant, 95 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #270782

snake oil

who makes money?

those who sell shovels in desert

hankeys

Visit profile

2 years ago #270808

in our community we have pretty nice results with indices …much much better as we have with currency pairs. Forex is for us pretty random walk and the edges of the strats not last long

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

Csaba

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 110 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #270811

Alright, but what if let say Dukascopy has for NASDAQ data just from 14:00 – 21:00 but my broker has 00:00 – 24:00?
How can you deal with that?

hankeys

Visit profile

2 years ago #270814

for indices we are collecting real time tick data from the brokers we trade from 2017 – we use history data from futures markets from 2011 for our backtests and we cut those trading hours we need

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)

1 2 3