Is auto PT/SL/TL calculate from close price?

3 replies

ftkensin

Customer, bbp_participant, 17 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #277028

Is auto PT/SL/TL calculate from close price?

I have found when market price reach to the auto-setting SL but the close price don’t for the same bar, the order would not set a stop loss for this case. I just want to make sure the rule and check if there are other problems of my strategy.  Thanks.

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #277075

Hello, the best if you attach your strategy. Alternatively you can send to our email  [email protected]

ftkensin

Customer, bbp_participant, 17 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #277084

Hi, you can see in the attached file, I use EURUSD/M30 to test, you can see the example of 2020.03.16 11:00 long order entry. I set the stoploss to move after the profit exceeds 50pips . However, it can be seen from the k bar chart that at 2020.03.16 12:00 the highest high has profit more than 50pips, but the order has not been triggered to move stoploss and eventually led to a loss.  I just use the data of a broker as an example, maybe you can find similar examples with any broker.

I want to know how to let the order be controlled in time, instead of waiting until the previous k-bar closed.

Should I use “ask-OrderOpenPrice” or “bid-OrderOpenPrice” instead of “Open P/L in pips” or other methods?

Thank you a lot.

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #277123

Hi,

if you want to trigger the TSL using tick-by-tick resolution you can do it only in MetaTrader. SQX evaluates these modifications only once per bar.

See the screenshot attached how to setup for MetaTrader

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)