Is it possible to break up long-running trade into multiple trades?

19 replies

kasinath

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, sq-ultimate, 112 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #261609

I’m generating EURUSD trend following strategies for D1.

Some of the strong trends ride for a very long time: 3+ years.

Instead, I’d like to try exiting  and re-entering such trades after they have been running for a few months.

Is this something we achieve in SQX?

(Also,is there a technical term for this? Is this a common practice?)

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #261734

its a daily strategy with not so high values of SL, so this strategy is mostly intraday and because of that many trades are closing on the same day (candle)…so this info is about it

it couldnt be a problem if we are using 1M precision, because our backtest will be reliable even with this “problem”

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #261759

i am using mostly M15-H4 timeframes for my trading, so i have strategies for every TFs i am trading, but this could happen also for M15 strats, why couldnt i have strat where the trades are mostly very quick and will end on the current candle?

i dont see any problem at all if i am using 1M precision as final retest method

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

kasinath

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, sq-ultimate, 112 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #261767

?

Viewing 3 replies - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

1 2