Less results with weighted fitness?

4 replies

Venus

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, customer, sq-ultimate, 33 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #250178

Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible that strategyquant gives less results with custom weigthed fitness in comparison to “return /dd ratio”? With a custom column i get on average 99.98% rejection and with “return/dd ratio” an average of 99.81% rejection. I have done 10 tests with exact same symbol/settings

The fitness on return/dd ratio reaches >0.9 and with the custom weighted fitness 0.65 is the maximum. Could that be a potential cause? Just guessing here …

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #250202

Hello,

please attach your config and send to [email protected]. We can check it

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #250228

if your weighted fitness is very strict, how can you assume that could be higher than 0.65

why do you use some sort of weighted fitness?

RDD is simple value and it may approach infinity – if the strategy is straight line without loss 🙂

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Venus

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, customer, sq-ultimate, 33 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #250297

Hi Hankeys,

Q: if your weighted fitness is very strict, how can you assume that could be higher than 0.65

A: Because i cannot adjust the target in the weighted fitness area. Support is currently looking into that.

Q: why do you use some sort of weighted fitness?

A: I’m not sure if i need weigthed fitness based on custom variable helps me, that is what i’m trying to find out. RDD is indeed very simple and my default setting.

@Tomas
, i have created a bug for this, see https://roadmap.strategyquant.com/tasks/sq4_5563

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #250319

@Venus: ok, it has been already resolved (will be available with next build)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)