Looking for Hardware recommendations

4 replies

CoinHunter

Subscriber, bbp_participant, sq-ultimate, customer, community, 6 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #277406

Hi!

Having tested SQX 2 years ago… first on my computer, which was hardware limited for the task… and later moving to a Google Server, now I did decide to actually purchase a license and a new machine.

My goal is, besides generating strategies for myself, in the future as I gain experience, maybe selling at MQL.
Also,.. I would like to use the machine sometimes for crypto mining.

Since the last computer I assembled myself was in 2011 (still running fine with upgrades) I am very much outdated on components.
Considering a budget up to 2000 euros+-… what you guys would recommend? Thanks!

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #277517

Hello,

some tips about the optimal hardware configuration can be found in our blog article here https://strategyquant.com/blog/computer-requirements-run-strategyquant/

CoinHunter

Visit profile

1 year ago #277640

Hi Tomas! Thanks

Yes.. I read that article before posting here.

My intention was to get more details about what builds are SQ users running within that $2000 budget.. for example…AMD or Intel? What MoBo? etc..

Maybe I should try the Discord group…. even though I totally dislike the chaotic layout and how difficult it is to find and follow any discussion. A pity that most of the community chooses that as a tool.. when forums like this would be just fine – better organized and easier.

CoinHunter

Visit profile

1 year ago #278024

Continuing my search for a suitable computer for SQ, I followed the recommendations of the tutorial and found some interesting workstations.
Is this a good deal for 2000 euros? I know that it depends on my settings / workflow, but is this good enough or overkill? I read somewhere that having dual processor is not compatible… is it?

HP Z840
2x E5 2699-V3/18-Core/2.30GHz
512GB DDR4 RAM

Also… will it consume way too much energy for the task?

CoinHunter

Visit profile

1 year ago #278060

.. or would a system built around  AMD Ryzen 9 5950X  be a better option?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)