Modify all the strategies in a databank to be Long only

4 replies

kasinath

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, sq-ultimate, 112 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #267623

I have a databank of 1000 strategies that make Long & Short trades.

I want to modify all of them to so they enter Long positions only.

Is this possible with a retest?

I had expected to find it under “What if” scenarios, but I did not. (ie: “what if the strategy only opened long trades”?)

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #267626

as far as i know its not possible, because logic of the strategy is already hardcoded in the SQX file

and there is no function in the SQX how to change it for more strats together

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

kasinath

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, sq-ultimate, 112 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #267628

Yeah, looks like not possible.

bentra

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 22 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #267646

This would have been useful for me too. I ended up making a copy of the Databank view and changing all the columns to show long only stats. Then I still had to change the strategies I wanted to be long only to do other stuff.

Also mass change strategies to allow duplicate trades, allow modify pending orders etc. might be useful.

May all your fits be loose.

https://www.darwinex.com/darwin/SUG.4.2/

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #267676

everything should be added to “automatic retest” task in custom projects

there we can change or add only something in the strategy and make a new backtests

but for example if i want to remove “exit friday” from all of my strategies i cant, because trading options work as a whole block, not as a single lines, where i can choose which i want to change and which i want to keep

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)