Monte Carlo new use case

3 replies

josecort_trader

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 9 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #269135

Hello

I would like to add an use case to see what would happen if the backtest started on different dates/bars. I meant. If my starting backtest date is 01.01.2015, I would like that Monte Carlo robustness analysis shows the results for a different (random or defined) dates.

Could you please be so kind to let me know if that is possible?

Thanks

Jose C.

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #269137

if you change the dataset, you need ro rerun the MC tests, because it will be computed from different trades and dataset

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

josecort_trader

Visit profile

3 years ago #269156

Hi @hankeys

Thanks for your answer.

What I am looking for is that each Monte Carlo run starts on a different date/time (random step or defined by the user) along the backtest period in order to know that the strategy will be robust irrespective of when I started to compute the backtest.

Thanks

josecort_trader

Visit profile

3 years ago #269157

Could it be also added a use case in which for each Monte Carlo run the system parameters changes? I meant. If my EMA has a 20 period, I would like to see what happens if the parameter changes slightly for every Monte Carlo run. I know that you can see that by performing a new backtest with different values for the parameter but it would be slow that run each variation using Monte Carlo.

Thanks

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)