New MQL4 with #property strict

20 replies

JAIRO ZAMBRANO

Subscriber, customer, community, bbp_participant, sq-ultimate, 7 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #258529

Good day,

I’m wondering about this “MQL4 with #property strict”, which I include in the code but compiling is always with errors. Can you explain how can this be fixed? I mean, to have a code with this new condition of “#property strict”.

Thank you!

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #260090

will it be also for PROFI license or only for ULTIMATE?

We plan to add support for this into the Ultimate version

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #260096

any time plan about it? it will be for MT4 and also for MT5?

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Enyx

Subscriber, customer, community, bbp_participant, 19 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #260101

Why ultimate edition ? Isn’t it a core feature or I have missed something ?

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #260102

no, it is not a core feature. Property strict doesn’t have anything to do with “quality” of strategies, it is just enforcing a particular format. Strategies without property strict trade in the exactly the same way as with it.

We plan to support it as a special module for Ultimate version that will be targeted to preparation of your strategy for MQL market. Property strict will be only a smaller part of this module.

As for time plan – we will start working on it immediately after release of final version of Build 129, so it should be available within a few months in the next build.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

Enyx

Subscriber, customer, community, bbp_participant, 19 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #260103

Mark, I am not sure I understand. MQL #strict is a (single line) compiler directive enforcing specific simple coding rules and few additional run-time checks. It’s nothing else but coding recommendation. Not much philosophy behind this. It’s best practice recommended by vendor and adopted by wide community. So this is reason I consider this a base product feature. I presume I can go and add the line by myself but my update will be wiped out on next release.

In short. I believe all exported code and indicators should be “#strict” by default. Of course additional features on top can be considered as premium feature. And there is a long list for needed premium features..

Viewing 5 replies - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

1 2