Not logged in
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Forums>Quant Analyzer (formerly named EA Analyzer)>General Discussion>Portfolio Margin Requirement, % Margin Used ?

• #245985|
    Participant
    12 Posts

Hi,

That’s what I miss most in QA :

What % of my available margin does my portfolio uses any anytime when I watch my portfolio equity curve or my trades list ?

This feature can added by entering the $ required margin per instrument per full lot.

Thanks

• This topic was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  vindiou.
    Customer
    78 Posts

Hi, That’s what I miss most in QA : What % of my available margin does my portfolio uses any anytime when I watch my portfolio equity curve or my trades list ? This feature can added by entering the $ required margin per instrument per full lot. Thanks

1. It depends on your account leverage

2. This kind of calculation should also include total portfolio MAE to check for margin calls risks

But I agree it would be a nice feature…please add this to feature requests.

Participant
    12 Posts

Yeah, account leverage is just a input value to enter in QA.
    Agree about Magin calls risks.

Participant
    12 Posts

it would be a nice feature…please add this to feature requests.

Done. Please vote : https://roadmap.strategyquant.com/projects/qa4/tasks

Customer
    16 Posts

Good idea, you got my vote!

Customer
    241 Posts

margin for currencies is not a big question for us – if you know what you are doing and could calculate your risk

even with ESMA regulation, we are good with margin requirements

compute margin in the name of portfolio – too many user settings, you will need to set the leverage and compute consec open trades in some time scale. for me, its not crucial, and trust me, i am risking with my portfolios a lot and i am not using full margin at all

so for me, its only unnecessary complexity

You want to be a profitable algotrader? Sharing of final strategies with real traders just started. Fill in this FORM. 1500+ final SQ3 and SQX strategies for members running on demo accounts DEMO ACCS. We provide also strategies for indices - DAX and DOW JONES, because we have realtick data from brokers.

Participant
    12 Posts

Your hidden google link “FORM” looks like advertisement to me.
    Is it allowed on this forum?

Customer
    241 Posts

any other question regarding to margin requirements? I dont like silly questions…

there is very simple way how to online monitor your margin and also getting alerts if you want – https://www.fxblue.com/appstore/14/account-monitor

THIS IS NOT AN ADVERTISEMENT :D

You want to be a profitable algotrader? Sharing of final strategies with real traders just started. Fill in this FORM. 1500+ final SQ3 and SQX strategies for members running on demo accounts DEMO ACCS. We provide also strategies for indices - DAX and DOW JONES, because we have realtick data from brokers.

Participant
    12 Posts

Please stop polluting this forum thread with your ads or I will ask the moderator of this forum to ban you.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  vindiou.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.