Portfolio Margin Requirement, % Margin Used ?

9 replies

vindiou

Subscriber, bbp_participant, 0 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #245985

Hi,

That’s what I miss most in QA :

What % of my available margin does my portfolio uses any anytime when I watch my portfolio equity curve or my trades list ?

This feature can added by entering the $ required margin per instrument per full lot.

Thanks

vindiou

Visit profile

4 years ago #245987

coensio

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 106 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #245988

Hi, That’s what I miss most in QA : What % of my available margin does my portfolio uses any anytime when I watch my portfolio equity curve or my trades list ? This feature can added by entering the $ required margin per instrument per full lot. Thanks

1. It depends on your account leverage

2. This kind of calculation should also include total portfolio MAE to check for margin calls risks

But I agree it would be a nice feature…please add this to feature requests.

This is a false statement.

vindiou

Visit profile

4 years ago #245990

Yeah, account leverage is just a input value to enter in QA.
Agree about Magin calls risks.

vindiou

Visit profile

4 years ago #245993

it would be a nice feature…please add this to feature requests.

Done. Please vote : https://roadmap.strategyquant.com/projects/qa4/tasks

Venus

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, customer, sq-ultimate, 33 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #246772

Good idea, you got my vote!

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #246889

margin for currencies is not a big question for us – if you know what you are doing and could calculate your risk

even with ESMA regulation, we are good with margin requirements

compute margin in the name of portfolio – too many user settings, you will need to set the leverage and compute consec open trades in some time scale. for me, its not crucial, and trust me, i am risking with my portfolios a lot and i am not using full margin at all

so for me, its only unnecessary complexity

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

vindiou

Visit profile

4 years ago #246890

Your hidden google link “FORM” looks like advertisement to me.
Is it allowed on this forum?

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #246891

any other question regarding to margin requirements? I dont like silly questions…

there is very simple way how to online monitor your margin and also getting alerts if you want – https://www.fxblue.com/appstore/14/account-monitor

THIS IS NOT AN ADVERTISEMENT 😀

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

vindiou

Visit profile

4 years ago #246989

Please stop polluting this forum thread with your ads or I will ask the moderator of this forum to ban you.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)