Post-installation help needed

3 replies

Ted

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, customer, sq-ultimate, 0 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #197115

Hello,
I purchased and installed SQ 3.8.1 back in January. After some frustration with the TickDownloader, I gave up. Now I’m back trying to get things set up again. I need help on adding historical data that I can use with SQ to build strategies I can run in NT 8. What is the best way to do this? I tried adding the script from SQ to NT 8, but the script was built for NT 7 it seems and NT 8 wouldn’t take it.
Thanks,

T

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #197117

Hello,

NT8 is not supported in StrategyQuant3. You would have to manually convert your code from ver 7 to 8. We plan adding support for new NinjaTrader version into StrategyQuant 4 (Beta currently available)

Ted

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, customer, sq-ultimate, 0 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #197127

OK. Some follow-up questions then:

1) How do you recommend I import tick data for SQ 3.8.1?
2) Will the Tick Downloader work for this purpose (if I am wanting to use the strategies for NT8)?
3) Should I revert to NT 7 until SQ 4 is available?
4) Should I try the beta SQ 4?

Thanks

T

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #197146

1) you need to obtain a CSV files containing tick data. You can use TickDownloader (we currently encounter an download speed issues though) or solutions like Tick Story or similar
2) If you developed strategies for NinjaTrader bear in mind that TickDownload provides Dukascopy data which can differ from your broker’s data quite a lot. If you trade forex (EURUSD or similar) this data can still be used
3) yes I suggest so or if you are able to convert the code into NT8 version you can still use NT8. Bear in mind that SQ supports only “selected timeframe” testing precision for NT / TS platforms
4) you are free to try it. You can find out more about it with download link on this page http://www.strategyquant.com/betaversion4

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)