Problem downloading data from Dukascopy with QuantDataManager

5 replies

Dave_C

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 13 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #247427

QuantDataManager is no longer downloading tick data from Dukascopy. Have been trying since 1st Sep 2019. Any solutions?

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #247498

Hello,

everything works for me, do you see any error or what do you mean by “no longer downloading tick data” ?

Dave_C

Visit profile

4 years ago #247560

What I mean is that the free version of the program no longer downloads data from Dukascopy. I first became aware of this on Sep1 but it may have occiured a litle earlier.

The full version does download data from your CDN Servers, however before I became aware that SQX included the full version of QDM, I was using the free version.

Nevertheless I had reinstalled the free version twice to retest the problem with clean data and can confirm that the problem still exists. Since your reply I tried yet again. Screenshots are enclosed.

There is no such problem with the full version.

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #247590

It shows 0 records / days until you stop it then the information refreshes and shows real amount of data stored so yes, the download works

Dave_C

Visit profile

4 years ago #247623

That is not correct…. I have used this program many times in the past.

Even after exiting the demo version and restarting, there are no records.

I have just re-downloaded and re-installed and tried yet again.  The same problem exists. No data downloaded. Even after “completed” shows and exiting the program, re-loading, no data is shown and no date range is credited.

Everything is normal in the full version.

Enclosed are directory screenshots showing progressively. If you look at the date time stamp of the four enclosed files you can see the download in progress, the completed symbol and no date result, a look at the data directory and a subsequent reload of the program confirming no data.

This was a simple request for data from 1 July 2019 to current for AUD (same problem for all paIrs) and this problem has been existing ever since I raised the issue.

I repeat no such problem exists with the full version using a CDN server.

Attachments:

Dave_C

Visit profile

4 years ago #247625

Sorry I missed the first photo of the sequence showing the download in progress.

Attachments:

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)