Profitability

14 replies

Paul

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, customer, 0 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #235688

HI Guys, I’m new in here and been reading some of the older posts regarding how difficult (impossible :)) it is to achieve consistent and sustainable profitability month in month out using SQ generated EAs. Is anyone able to confirm that they’re  making a living out of deploying SQ EA’s (portfolio) to live accounts? I guess 10% a month (with the same drawdown figure) on their portfolios, and has that been done over a significant length of time please?  Meaning are you paying your bills through your portfolio? #Lookingforinspiration 🙂

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #235728

you need to know that even very good portfolio in backtest could stagnate for almost 3-4 months in the whole backtest – so achieve every month in profit is “not” possible in the long term with these kind of strategies. We are trading mostly breakouts – taking more losses and waiting for big profit

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Paul

Visit profile

5 years ago #235729

Thank you for your reply and Input. It Sounds like it depends on what your goals are and therefore how your strategies are built.

RNG

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 9 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #235740

I think, i’m the living prove that SQ is working, i have 9 portfolios well balanced that makes me every week the same percentage (more or less).

I refresh some strategies inside every week, doing this more than 2 years.
I say thank you every day to the developer team of this software.

drayzen

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 0 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #235794

Is that 9 portfolios or strategies?
If portfolios, how many strategies in each?
Any more statistics, Myfxbook link?

... the alien does not concern itself with the opinions of humans ...

Paul

Visit profile

5 years ago #235795

Thank you for your Reply RNG. How long has it taken you to get to this point please?

RNG

Visit profile

5 years ago #235798

There are 9 portfolios, each contains 80 to 120 strategies, i used to have myfxbook, but i migrate to FXBlue, this because it permits me to manage in a better way my porfolios (by checking up all the strategies sorted by magic number and show me the entire statistics in a table sortable by different value, myfxboox don’t do that, or to better say, it don’t permits you to see the statistics all in the same time, and is unthinkable manage one by one the strategies… so myfxbook is not the right choice for account managed by several strategies)

Some statistics more? Sure i made more or less 12% totally per week, yes you understand every week i compound my accounts by having between 10 to 15% per week, with a total Max Drawdown of less 1% (sometimes 0.7% sometimes 1.5%)

I can say you more, i’m using very slowly this software, i make some test, and i had results with greater percentage per week (of course by assuming more risk)

Paul, i have studied more or less 6-8 months, but every day, before to really understand how to do that, i made all my test on the past data.

So guys i can say you, don’t give up, it works, but requires a lot of your works, during the week i search for different strategies, and study the correlations between my financial tools, this to edit and use the lots like weight to well calibrate every portfolio.

RNG

Visit profile

5 years ago #235800

By the way, i started with a cent account with $100 (just to have fun, sure to lose it) and i can say you that i’m nearest $100k (it would have been more, a lot more, if i didn’t make some withdraw… And payed the tax fee over the year…)

tnickel

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 488 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #235808

@RNG

what is a good portfolio,

is you portfolio bettern than this portfolio?

https://www.myfxbook.com/members/tnickel/tickmill-life-sea-p46/1829307

https://monitortool.jimdofree.com/

Paul

Visit profile

5 years ago #235811

Truly inspiring stuff RNG. Well done! Thank you for taking the time to explain all of that. It’s reassuring to know that you achieved all within 6 to 8 months. Thanks for sharing. As a newbie it’s good to know that while I have some frustrating months ahead, it’ll be worth it it in the end.

On that point, are you aware of any content on this site that can assist and fast track a person getting to the kind of level you’re at? Or is this purely a game of trial and error? Thx again.

hankeys

Visit profile

5 years ago #235831

some of my portfolios can be seen her

https://www.mql5.com/en/signals/author/hankeys

https://www.darwinex.com/username/hankeys

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

hankeys

Visit profile

5 years ago #235840

i dont care about it – because MQL market is nothing serious for me – only some public stats 🙂

many portfolio of mine was historically banned from them – because of many trades, because of many pendings, etc. etc.

My best portfolio, where i have 400% profit for example 🙂

geektrader

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 522 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #235842

I am very happy if that really works for you, but some link for us, please? Proof is in the pudding as they say 😉

🚀 Unlock Your Edge in Automated Forex Strategy Development 🚀

Historical Forex Data Starting From 1987, 28 Pairs, M1, 99% Error-Free, Lifetime Free Updates

geektrader

Visit profile

5 years ago #235844

Oh and by the way: strategies made with SQ3 or SQ X?

Historical Forex Data Starting From 1987, 28 Pairs, M1, 99% Error-Free, Lifetime Free Updates

geektrader

Visit profile

5 years ago #236132

P.S.2: I meant RNG about the links. Thanks for posting yours, Hankey and good luck!

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)