Profitable Strategies?

20 replies

sloth011

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, 5 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #268271

Has anyone ever managed to create any profitable strategies with SQ? I’m using it for over a month now, constantly generating strategies with the most basic filters and nothing good has come out yet. It seems like it doesn’t have the capability to create something good.

Kris

Subscriber, bbp_participant, 16 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #275499

No one has presented a working strategy. It seems like it’s all a pipe dream and a waste of time.

Cheers

Kris

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #275508

Just some thoughts … I see a lot of focus being put by algo traders into forex markets and not sure why. I understand forex market is super easy to access but isn’t that the first warning sign? I do not think these kind of markets are ideal to begin with or rely on them fully. For example there are example over 10,000 publicly traded companies (stocks) just in USA not counting stock exchanges all around the world. Then hundreds of futures contracts and various CFDs contracts for indexes and commodities that allow to trade smaller size if the full contract size if too expensive and risky. Then we have young crypto markets and I would say these are lot less effective compared to forex mostly driven by central banks planning. Forex pairs are full of competition and sideways moves with small of amount of opportunities to profit from especially in times of average or low volatility. I would recommend to really look around and think about where opportunities are. Endless efforts put into datamining does not necessarily have to pay off with forex.

Kris

Subscriber, bbp_participant, 16 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #276338

Hi,

I attached two pictures. One is SQX, the second is MT4.

I can see huge difference , why?

Any idea ?

Cheers

Kris

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

Bee trader

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 44 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #276363

Hi Kris,

Have you investigated the differences to see if its due to your setup. Without access to your actual sqx strategy I can’t tell what the issue you are having is. But in general the following can cause MT4 vs SQX results to diverge:

1. data – are you using the same data for your SQX and MT4?
  2. SQX setup – have you set your SQX instruments to have the same settings as your MT4? On MT4 check instrument specification and copy across to SQX. I am referring to the pip value etc
  3. Spread – have you checked your tests on MT4 is including current spread?
  4. Other costs – commission, swap on MT4
  5. are you using MT4 tester or demo? you will get slightly different results for that.

On why noone shares their successful strats, this is just human nature. Can you walk up to JP Morgan and ask then to share their process for making money? SQX is a very good platform for developing strategies.

Consider joining up with like minded people on this journey, it helps to bounce ideas off other folks. In addition to this forum you can consider joining this discord channel which I have found useful https://discord.gg/gd6an783

Regards

Beetrader

Keelan E Brettner

Subscriber, bbp_participant, 12 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #280044

looking for something profitable i can test live thanks

Viewing 5 replies - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

1 2