Proftable Strategy

11 replies

, 0 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #274529

Hello.

I am not able to generate profitable strategies despite having a fast computer.

What is important for me:
– Symbol: GBP/USD
– Don’t trade on weekends
– Exit At The And Of Day
– Exit On Friday
– Initial Capital 5000$ (Risk in %: 3 with SL)

Attached is my current configuration.

I have chosen 5 years as backtesting data settings.

I am also not able to use filters.
For example: custom filters – fitness > 0.8 do not work for me.
As well as other filters.
My current version: StrategyQuant X Ultimate Build 135.868

My goal is at least 40.000$ profit per year. Is it even possible to get to 200.000$ in 5 years?

Best regards

John

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #274594

Hello,
did you attach the correct config? Or what engine do you use for GBP? Is it MetaTrader4/5 or TradeStation / MC? Let me know

, 0 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #274605

I currently use the engine Tradestation because it gives me faster results. I think that for filters I also tried with Metatrader.

Later I wanted to use JForex engine for retester.

As a broker I wanted to use Dukascopy with JForex platform.

Dukascopy has UTC0. I have set “Data Sources” of Dukascopy to UTC+01 (Germany). In Dukascopy JForex platform I have set the time to UTC+01.

Bee trader

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 44 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #274609

What timeframe are you trying this on? Just note that you might have set very stringent conditions so what I would advise is that you add your restrictions one by one. And also I’d say eye ball the GBPUSD price chart to see if the market moves as much as you think.

, 0 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #274610

><span style=”color: #404048; font-family: ‘open sans’, -apple-system, blinkmacsystemfont, ‘segoe ui’, roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;”>What timeframe are you trying this on?</span>

I tried in timeframe H1 3-4 days, but got only bad results. I guess up to 60.000$ for 5 years. After a short test with H4 I already got better results.

><span style=”color: #404048; font-family: ‘open sans’, -apple-system, blinkmacsystemfont, ‘segoe ui’, roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;”>Just note that you might have set very stringent conditions so what I would advise is that you add your restrictions one by one.</span><span style=”color: #404048; font-family: ‘open sans’, -apple-system, blinkmacsystemfont, ‘segoe ui’, roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;”> </span>

I have used standard Forex settings. And:

<span style=”color: #404048; font-family: ‘open sans’, -apple-system, blinkmacsystemfont, ‘segoe ui’, roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;”>– Symbol: GBP/USD</span><br style=”box-sizing: inherit; color: #404048; font-family: ‘open sans’, -apple-system, blinkmacsystemfont, ‘segoe ui’, roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;” /><span style=”color: #404048; font-family: ‘open sans’, -apple-system, blinkmacsystemfont, ‘segoe ui’, roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;”>– Don’t trade on weekends</span><br style=”box-sizing: inherit; color: #404048; font-family: ‘open sans’, -apple-system, blinkmacsystemfont, ‘segoe ui’, roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;” /><span style=”color: #404048; font-family: ‘open sans’, -apple-system, blinkmacsystemfont, ‘segoe ui’, roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;”>– Exit At The And Of Day</span><br style=”box-sizing: inherit; color: #404048; font-family: ‘open sans’, -apple-system, blinkmacsystemfont, ‘segoe ui’, roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;” /><span style=”color: #404048; font-family: ‘open sans’, -apple-system, blinkmacsystemfont, ‘segoe ui’, roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;”>– Exit On Friday</span><br style=”box-sizing: inherit; color: #404048; font-family: ‘open sans’, -apple-system, blinkmacsystemfont, ‘segoe ui’, roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;” /><span style=”color: #404048; font-family: ‘open sans’, -apple-system, blinkmacsystemfont, ‘segoe ui’, roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;”>– Initial Capital 5000$ (Risk in %: 3 with SL)</span>

I don’t think I have set very stringent conditions.

> <span style=”color: #404048; font-family: ‘open sans’, -apple-system, blinkmacsystemfont, ‘segoe ui’, roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;”>And also I’d say eye ball the GBPUSD price chart to see if the market moves as much as you think.</span>

Well, I chose GBP/USD only because it is volatile and has low spreads. Can you recommend better forex pairs to get better results with SQ?

, 0 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #274611

What timeframe are you trying this on?

I tried in timeframe H1 3-4 days, but got only bad results. I guess up to 60.000$ for 5 years. After a short test with H4 I already got better results.

Just note that you might have set very stringent conditions so what I would advise is that you add your restrictions one by one.

I have used standard Forex settings. And:

-Symbol: GBP/USD

– Don’t trade on weekends

– Exit At The And Of Day

– Exit On Friday

– Initial Capital 5000$ (Risk in %: 3 with SL)

And also I’d say eye ball the GBPUSD price chart to see if the market moves as much as you think.

Well, I chose GBP/USD only because it is volatile and has low spreads. Can you recommend better forex pairs to get better results with SQ?

ivan

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 236 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #274623

there would be a few very general common sense considerations

one, you cant say about a strategy if it works or not, profitable or not, until you make a forward test, real live account with a minimum number of closed trades, and that takes time, the higher the timeframe, the longer it takes

second, regarding profitability, 8 times the initial account within 12 months, i would say its impossible with just a few strategies on a single major pair. For example, starting from 1.000$, achieving 8.000$ in 12 months, that’s impossible given the fact that there are months in summer and winter holidays with no activity

just in theory, you would need several good scalpers and huge risk settings or a huge diverse portfolio to achieve those kinds of profits

you must also take into account that you make profit but you also “burn” electricity generating, the real profit is only after you substract that

Timisoara, Romania
3900X 3.8 Ghz 12 cores, 64GB RAM DDR4 3000Mhz, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 NVMe

Bee trader

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 44 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #274619

> Can you recommend better forex pairs to get better results with SQ?

try EURUSD.

For GBPUSD if you are trading H1 and exiting at the end of day, what Stop Loss and take Profit are you setting. It would be better if you attach your config file or sqx file.

try StatOaisis GBP strategy on Youtube https://youtu.be/kueKE3_tGx8

ivan

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 236 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #274644

besides what Bee trader recommended, i would also mention GBPJPY and especially XAUUSD. On XAUUSD i always got working strategies.

Regarding profitability, (and here, the team members from SQ can correct me if my memory is not exact), in the past, a few years back, they presented as model, good working strategies, real cases, a single strategy with 150% profit in a single year, and another one, on XAUUSD with 300% a year, but this was o portfolio if i remember correctly, not a single strategy. But the idea was that this 300%, so 3 times the account in a single year, was almost jaw dropping, which even by today’s standards i must admit its fantastic. I trade only forex on a few pairs but in 4 years, i didnt even double the account in a year, so not even 100%.

So….8 times the account in a year, from 10.000$ to 80.000$, you need an entire “arsenal” of tools, from a very diverse portfolio, long term strategic manual trades, letting others to copy your trades…etc.

As a funny remark, i am not sure even the team from SQ as a company, have such performance. If so, they would own half of city of Prague by now.

Timisoara, Romania
3900X 3.8 Ghz 12 cores, 64GB RAM DDR4 3000Mhz, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 NVMe

, 0 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #274647

> For GBPUSD if you are trading H1 and exiting at the end of day, what Stop Loss and take Profit are you setting. It would be better if you attach your config file or sqx file.

I use Forex default settings. I do not know what is selected as StopLoss or TakeProfit.

Here again my settings:

– Use predefined config: Forex

– What to build?
—————-
Simple strategy: [default]

– Genetic options
—————–
[default settings]

– Data
——–
Engine: Tradestaion
Symbol: GBP/USD
Timeframe: H4
Start day: 2017.01.01
End day: 2021.09.23
Spread: 1.7
Data range Parts: [ 50 | 20 (ISV1) | 30 (OOS1) ]

Trading options
—————
Don´t trade on weekends:
Friday Close Time: 20:00
Sunday Open Time: 01:00

Exit At End of Day:
End Of Day Exit Time: 23:00

Exit On Friday:
Friday Exit Time 20:00

– Building blocks
—————–
[default settings]

– Money management
—————–
Initial capital: 5000

Risk fixed % of Account:
Size Decimals: 2
Risk in %: 3
StopLoss in pips: 100
Size if no MM: 1
Maximum lots: 5

– Cross checks (robustness)
—————————
[on] Higher backtest precision: [default settings]
[on] Backtests on additional markets: Retest on GBPUSD_M1/H4

– Ranking
———
Maximum strategies to store in databank: 100000
Stop generation when: [Never]

Custom filters: [default settings]

[Attached the config]

However, the filters do not work with this config. That’s why I set to 100000 (Maximum strategies to store in databank). You also have to regularly delete the worst strategies when SQ approaches 100000. Otherwise the working memory will also overflow.

With this configuration I have managed over $200000. The strategies have not passed the retest. I will run SQ for a few more days. Maybe better strategies will come.

> try StatOaisis GBP strategy on Youtube https://youtu.be/kueKE3_tGx8

Thanks for the link. I did not know the videos from StatOaisis.

, 0 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #274712

Unfortunately, my settings did not work with EUR/USD or GBP/USD either. JForex engine does not produce any strategies at all for me in timeframe H4 after several hours.

Fortunately, you can also use Metatrader with Dukascopy.

For XAU/USD I replaced with these options for my settings:

– Engine: Metatrader4
– Main Chart: XAUUSD_TICK
– Timeframe: H4

This has brought exaggeratedly high results. About 1.500.000,00$ for 5 years with Drowdown 50%-90% in few seconds.

Since the filters don’t work for me and the results were unrealistic, I added these settings to make it slower:

– Main Chart: XAU/USD_TICK Timeframe: H4
– Subcharts 1:XAU/USD_TICK Timeframe: H1
– Subcharts 2:XAU/USD_TICK Timeframe: M30

After few minutes 1-2 strategies with drawdown ~20% and up to $190,000.00 were there.

Retest has also passed it.

czykier

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 1 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #276354

<p class=”tooltip__title”>John1938,</p>

Other question, do you have any problems with monte carlo retest methods ? Does your 3970x use all cores ?

I have issue with this function and problem is that situation is not possible to repeat by sq team to solve it. Last build which works correct on my PC is 130

<p class=”btn__wrapper”></p>

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)