Questions about platforms/software

3 replies

dolphins440

Subscriber, bbp_participant, sq-ultimate, 4 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #279666

If all I’m looking to do is backtest some day trading strategies I have, do you think just getting the AlgoWizard product would suffice, or would I need to get the whole Strategy Quant package?

Now some specific questions about AlgoWizard backtester:

1. How far back can you backtest using the 1-minute bars?

2. Can it backtest using pre-market data(from 8-9:30am US Eastern Time)?

3. Can I backtest more than one symbol at the same time in the same backtest?

4. Can the results of the backtest be exported to Excel?

5. Are the hits from the backtest visualized on a chart?

6. Can you backtest using multiple timeframes within the same backtest(for example- if the close of the current 1-minute bar exceeds yesterday’s high)

7. Can you use a trailing stop loss% in backtesting?

8. Can you set the backtest to screen for conditions that only occur during certain market hours??, e.g. “If the price of XYZ exceeds $10 between 9:30am and 10:30am ET then buy XYZ”.

9. Can you input commissions and fees into the backtest to mimic real-life trading?

I also signed up for your free course on Algorithimc Trading. Could someone tell me where the videos are so I can watch them? I couldn’t find them anywhere. If it’s a live class could you tell me what day/time it is? Will they be recorded for later viewing in case the class clashes with my work schedule? I work Monday-Friday 9:30am-6pm(US Eastern Time)

Thank you for answering all my questions. I know it’s a lot!

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #279680

Hi,

to answer your questions:
1) we have data from 2009 for futures and from 2003 for forex in the online version of AlgoWizard. The same is valid for StrategyQuant
2) yes, it is possible
3) definitely, either using MTF strategy or using “cross-check” tests on additional markets data
4) yes, it can be exported using Trade list -> Export -> CSV / XLS
5) yes, you can Show chart data by enabling Trading Options -> Store chart data
6) you cannot “optimize timeframe” but you can setup multiple charts for a strategy
7) yes
8) yes
9) yes

You should already have the access into the course. If not please let us know to [email protected]

dolphins440

Visit profile

1 year ago #279696

I went to the course but I didn’t see any videos. It says the course starts 10/17/2022(Monday) at 2pm. Assuming that’s United States Eastern Time(where I live), that is during my work schedule and I cannot attend live. Will it be recorded if I want to watch it later that night when my shift is over?? TY.

dolphins440

Visit profile

1 year ago #279697

Oh, one other point of clarification. You said the data goes back to 2009 for futures and 2003 for Forex on one-minute bars? How far back does the equities/ETF data go back for one-minute bars? TY.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)