Retester

6 replies

John Warner

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #281234

What exactly does the retester do?  When I load strategies that have passed all my filters from builder into retester without any changes to my configuration some show failed and other passed.  What is retester doing that builder isn’t?

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #281267

Hi,

the retester when a strategy is moved and the config is applied will deliver the same result as the builder. But sometimes you need to test using different settings, dates, cross-checks etc. This is why we have the Retester module

You can also easily retest strategies created in the past – to see how they perform using new fresh market data

peter32

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, sq-ultimate, 11 replies.

Visit profile

10 months ago #282342

When we select strategies from databank from the builder, and choose to Retest from the databank tab, does that mean they would be copying the original config as well into the retest panel. I couldn’t find the CopyConfig option when i try to retest from the databank.

Thank you.

Mario Saavedra

Subscriber, bbp_participant, sq-ultimate, 3 replies.

Visit profile

10 months ago #282354

Good afternoon, I am doing the Retester of the 1000 strategies that I have taken from the Builder. Of these 1000, about 500 have passed the Retester, but the exclamation mark appears next to all of them. What does this sign mean? Are they good strategies or not? I have colleagues who have version 135 and the symbol only appears in those strategies that are not reliable. In version 136, does it mean the same thing? Thank you

tomas262

Visit profile

10 months ago #282356

When we select strategies from databank from the builder, and choose to Retest from the databank tab, does that mean they would be copying the original config as well into the retest panel. I couldn’t find the CopyConfig option when i try to retest from the databank. Thank you.

When you hit the Retest button with selected strategies in the builder databank you should be prompted to choose whether to apply the current builder config into retester

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

tomas262

Visit profile

10 months ago #282357

Good afternoon, I am doing the Retester of the 1000 strategies that I have taken from the Builder. Of these 1000, about 500 have passed the Retester, but the exclamation mark appears next to all of them. What does this sign mean? Are they good strategies or not? I have colleagues who have version 135 and the symbol only appears in those strategies that are not reliable. In version 136, does it mean the same thing? Thank you

We are aware of this and checking it why the mark appears. Once a strategy has passed it should be just fine.

Mario Saavedra

Subscriber, bbp_participant, sq-ultimate, 3 replies.

Visit profile

10 months ago #282366

Thank you very much Tomas, I would appreciate it if you would inform me when you know the reason why this exclamation mark appears. I appreciate your help

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)