Run out of memory

13 replies

DeepL

Customer, bbp_participant, 10 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #259479

I am not generating strategies, but it is still using all of the memory… I don’t know why. I have tried to restart the program or computer.

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #259481

Hello,

I see from the screenshot that you have 5000 strategies in databank and the top ones have 14000 orders. This number of orders seems to me quite extreme, even on 5 minute chart.

In any case, this is the reason. If you have that many orders per strategy you should set smaller limit on number of strategies in databank.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

DeepL

Customer, bbp_participant, 10 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #259482

Ok, thank you very much

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #259486

14000 trades, are you serious? … i am sorry, but there will be something bad with your setting and this backtest is not normal

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Beatriz

Subscriber, bbp_participant, 4 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #271330

Hello it happens the same on my computer.

The strategies on build didn’t load in retest, so when I try to load the strategies it says the memory is on 85% please stop loading.

Sometimes the program saw no response also…

Trying the benchmark test it spent 30 minutes and arrive to 100% and get no response.

What can I do?

The computer is i5, 2.9GHz, 6 cores (12 for SQX) and 8Gb Ram

tomas262

Visit profile

2 years ago #270295

With 8GB RAM you are quite limited in amount of data you can work with. How many strategies do you transfer from the builder into the retester?

Beatriz

Visit profile

2 years ago #270315

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I tried with 7000 and maybe it is so much. But now I am with 1511 in high backtest precision and it get frozen…

hankeys

Visit profile

2 years ago #271335

8 GB of RAM is good only for the windows – for SQX you need minimal 32, better 64

also the i5 doesnt look fast enough

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Beatriz

Visit profile

2 years ago #271342

Hi

Ok for RAM I will install 32 soon but , are you sure that 2.9GHz is not enough?

hankeys

Visit profile

2 years ago #271343

about the i5, it depends what version you have and what strats are you looking for… if you havent problem to find some, you are good to go 🙂

Mark Fric

Visit profile

2 years ago #271346

In my opinion i5 is fine for SQ, what is restricting you the most is RAM. With 32 GB RAM you’ll be fine.

You don’t necessarily need to invest to get the most powerful processor, i5 is in mid-range and will work for you.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

Beatriz

Visit profile

2 years ago #271350

Thank you!

I will increase my RAM soon

Regards

ccpa5918

Subscriber, bbp_participant, 1 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #280834

I have 64gb ram and still run into this issue. could run for days before that but after I install docker, this problem arise.  However, this issue persist even after I quit docker desktop.  any idea?

tomas262

Visit profile

1 year ago #280900

Hi,

you can send us the latest log files to [email protected] email, we will check

Do this happen during running specific tasks like a custom project or optimization process? You can save your project or builder configuration to send us as well

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)