Scalping strategy

10 replies

firestorm

Subscriber, bbp_participant, 16 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #259051

Dear Sirs,

Do you have any scalping strategy EA with good profit? Can you share one?

Thank you,

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #259052

no, scalping sucks

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #259056

Hi,

as for scalping it all comes down to ‘average trade net profit’ … if this amount is big enough even after subtracting commissions, fees, slippage and other cost of doing business and there is still something left it does not really matter what timeframe or how many trades you do.

Finding a winning scalping strategy with decent edge that does not fail with a small market behavior change is another topic

I would say this is the most difficult task to complete. If you want an advice I would start focus on building a broad diversified portfolio with trading Daily, Weekly timeframe and slowly go down to Hourly. If you find success here and there you might come to realization you do not need to use scalping strategies at all

Csaba

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 110 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #259059

Hello Tomas

Question: if we would like to go for D1 or W1, then it is better to use Market Order, isn’t it?

Best regards: Csaba

firestorm

Visit profile

3 years ago #259060

Thank you @hankeys

firestorm

Visit profile

3 years ago #259065

@Tomas,

I understand. Because I tried many strategy but almost not good.

Example, I have strategy as attached files. Concept will catch to big pump or dump and will not minus, but actually so many minus. I don’t know why. So I stuck. I also attach strategy here if you can help or any improve.

Thank you,

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #259066

why to negate ADX? doesnt make sense to me…int not directional

you want to buy on strong trend and sell on weak trend?

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

firestorm

Visit profile

3 years ago #259067

Yes, I want to buy on strong trend and sell on weak trend. And ADX will confirm it. Anything wrong here?

Thank you,

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #259189

How about only going long and having SL = 200 pips?

Tight stop-losses are usually not very “market friendly”

Attachments:

firestorm

Visit profile

3 years ago #259338

Hello Tomas,

I done back test for one year as below. Result’s quite good, with total 20 trades.

Thank you for your help.

Attachments:

ivan

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 236 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #259354

Scalping is the most sought for and hot subject at beginner traders and this subject resurfaces every now and then. Its understandable to see why.

Unfortunately, as many experienced traders wrote in the past, one of the posts i like and i think its representative for this subject and should be read by every beginner, wrote by coensio:

https://strategyquant.com/forum/topic/eurusd-on-the-1-hour-chart/page/5/#post-241395

Tomas is very indulgent when he says its the most difficult task. The truth is its nearly impossible.

Personally, the lowest timeframe i got any result was on M30 on GBPJPY. By results i mean somewhere around 35 pips/trade and 120 pips/month which is considered mediocre at best. You would need dozens if not hundreds of strategies to feel anything. A good strategy can make you 150 – 200 pips/trade or 400 pips/month.

Timisoara, Romania
3900X 3.8 Ghz 12 cores, 64GB RAM DDR4 3000Mhz, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 NVMe

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)