Session for Futures

3 replies

Daniel

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 36 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #266803

I read in the forum that you can define sessions for futures on Tradestation and Multichart, but not in MT5.

I have few questions to know if I understood the logic:

1) If I set in SQX under trading option the Limit Time Range, can I get the same results like if I use sessions?

2) If I do not set the sessions then SQX generate strategies that would also place orders outside of the sessions like 3:00 am. To avoid the broker’s overnight margin, I only need to exit at end of day (like 15:00)?

Thanks!

DP

Daniel

Visit profile

3 years ago #266804

Ok for question nr 2 I already found the answer.. depending on the broker it can be “must exit trades by 3:55pm CST. You may enter after 5pm CST.”

So I am looking still an answer for question 1 … is it possible to replace sessions (that are not available on MT5) with Limit Time Range from SQX?

DP

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #266810

sessions and limiting time range are totally different worlds

by sessions you are cutting the data itself, so your indicators and everything will be computed only on the session, not on the whole data

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Daniel

Visit profile

3 years ago #266814

Thanks, thats what I expected.. so I need to switch to MultiChart for Sessions…

DP

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)