SMTP issue with SQX

14 replies

Harpotrader

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 0 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #237026

Hi,

Although I have everything well configured for my SMTP it doesn’t work at all. I get the “Test email could not be sent. Please check your SMTP settings” (See image attached)

I already contacted to SQ support (Tomas Matejka) and the feature is working as they sent me an screenshot with a valid test.

– All my SMTP configuration is right.

– In Gmail I had enabled the “access through less secure apps” option.

Is there anything esle I have to do either in Gmail or my computer? (like opening ports or something similar)

Has this issue happened to anyone else, and if so, how did you fix it?

Thank you so much in advance.

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

Ilya

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 105 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #237028

Hi, it seems you’ve chosen SSL.

Gmail’s SMTP port (TLS): 587
Gmail SMTP port (SSL): 465
So if you choose SSL, you should use 465 as port.
Ilya

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #237043

Hello, yes try the settings as suggested. It has been tested with gmail and is working fine. Do not forget to alter settings for your google account to allow SQX use the SMTP (less secure apps allowance)

Harpotrader

Visit profile

5 years ago #237247

Hi,

It doesn’t work either with the SSL and 465 port.

I already checked that my account has the less secure apps allowance.

So it seems I have to give up and forget about this option… 🙁

Daniel

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 36 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #237762

It does not work for me also with gmail, but I used the smtp setting from my internet provider.

But I dont see any other options in the configuration to activate some email notification. I assume that this smtp settings are a feature that is planned to be inplemented in the future? Or does SQX send anything now in build 116?

DP

Harpotrader

Visit profile

5 years ago #238258

It’s currentrly supossed to send something but it doesn’t work to me.

tomas262

Visit profile

5 years ago #238263

Hello,

the feature should be active and fully working. If you have any issues still please report with as many details as possible to https://roadmap.strategyquant.com/projects/sq4/tasks

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #260193

i am trying to set the gmail SMTP but with no luck at all…could someone describe step by step how to set up the notifications?

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

tomas262

Visit profile

3 years ago #260210

Hi,

it can be blocked by Google. You need to enable “Less secured apps” access on your Google account here https://myaccount.google.com/lesssecureapps

Frank Contreras

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #275655

This feature is not working for me either.

StrategyQuant X Ultimate Build 135.868

tomas262

Visit profile

2 years ago #275676

Hi,

what SMTP do you use? I believe GMAIL now requires 2FA which prevents it from working with SQX

tomas262

Visit profile

2 years ago #275951

There is a small issue with TLS setting in Java we use. To solve this and make SMTP Gmail working you need to follow these steps:

1. Edit the file java.security located in /j64/conf/security and replace this line #jdk.tls.disabledAlgorithms=SSLv3, TLSv1, TLSv1.1, RC4, DES, MD5withRSA, by jdk.tls.disabledAlgorithms=SSLv3, RC4, DES, MD5withRSA, (TLSv1 and TLSv1.1 will be removed)
  2. Restart SQX
  3. Setup Gmail as shown on the screenshot

NOTE: You can use this with 2FA enable on your G account. Just create a new “App password” for SQ under My account -> Security

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

Frank Contreras

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #275956

This modification of the java.security file worked perfectly!

I appreciate the quick fix.

Thank You!

Sylphritz

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, sq-ultimate, 4 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #277013

There is a small issue with TLS setting in Java we use. To solve this and make SMTP Gmail working you need to follow these steps:

1. Edit the file java.security located in /j64/conf/security and replace this line #jdk.tls.disabledAlgorithms=SSLv3, TLSv1, TLSv1.1, RC4, DES, MD5withRSA, by jdk.tls.disabledAlgorithms=SSLv3, RC4, DES, MD5withRSA, (TLSv1 and TLSv1.1 will be removed)
  2. Restart SQX
  3. Setup Gmail as shown on the screenshot

NOTE: You can use this with 2FA enable on your G account. Just create a new “App password” for SQ under My account -> Security

Does this method still work? It doesn’t for me. I’m using SQX with Graal and the parameters I was told to change don’t exist in the security file. (No TLSv1 nor TSLv1.1)

I’ve tried enabling/disabling SSL, using the username as the username, using email as the username, and tried changing port. I even tried using other SMTP providers like Mailjet. None of them worked.

tomas262

Visit profile

2 years ago #277071

Hello,

you can check the latest log under /strategyquant/user/log/strategyquant folder for more details. you can post the log file here, we will check

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)