Some pairs are not doable?

9 replies

Gin

Subscriber, bbp_participant, 95 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #268076

is it possible that on some pairs such as USD Turkish, or AUDUSD you simply cannot find strategies?

have you encountered this problem?

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #268077

possible is everything 🙂 …you can try to look how the history of for example USDTRY looklike

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Waid

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, sq-ultimate, 27 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #268097

Ya I got exact the same result. I can tell that AUDUSD is 100% impossible:

1726 builded (from2011 to 2017)

only 3 passed (I only have a simple retest on 2003-2011).  <-Don’t know why

2 passed for slippage

0 passed another TF and market(EURUSD)

0 passed MC series tests

0 passed WFM

usually I got at least > 200 passed for simple retesting on 2003-2011 for pairs like EURUSD or GBPUSD, but for AUDUSD, don’t know why only 3 passed

So I open up the failed history for AUDUSD:

Global filter: profit factor [Main data, IS] >= 1.10    -> failed count 1708

for this simple test, I have only IS for 2003-2011.

Looks like the market becomes totally different for AUDUSD.

hankeys

Visit profile

3 years ago #268104

in audusd could be found nice strategies, this is “normal” market, not some exotic pair, like TRY, SGD, RUB or another ones

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Enric

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 114 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #268118

I agree that there’s something strange with AUDUSD. I’ve tryed everything and never EVER got anything good. I gave up this pair, same as NZDUSD. Have no explanation why this market, beeing one of the majors pairs is untradeable, at least with SQ and my workflow. Note that my workflow is quite standard and gets acceptable results on the most common pairs; EURUSD, USDJPY, etc

Gin

Visit profile

3 years ago #268122

10 trades a year… really?

hankeys

Visit profile

3 years ago #268124

its 14 trades a year and why not?

with overtrading you will get only bigger spreads, swaps or another costs on the account, not bigger profits

Gin

Visit profile

3 years ago #268134

how can you utilize the power of money management & compound if you get so little trades?

Waid

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, sq-ultimate, 27 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #268147

I think it is quite reasonable to set 30 trades per year for 1H timeframe, since it is also stated in the SQ’s online courses.

So it is hard to say that over 14 trades a year is overtrading unless it is H4.

I am curious about what currencies pair are under tested in SQ in a normal sense like: at lease 2 out of 3000 builded strategies passed (in a test pipeline like build-> prev. OOS test->slippage-> cross market&tf test->MC series tests->last OOS test-> WFM). Setup parameters are loose like what SQ’s online course demo. (profit factor> 1.3, Ret/DD > 0.3*years).

hankeys

Visit profile

3 years ago #268148

200+ trades are for me enough to get something like statistical significance

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)