SQ v GSB

19 replies

jaukb

Subscriber, 42 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #258187

I’m quite keen to explore whether users here have experience between using GSB and SQX for trading FUTURES on Tradestation and/or Multicharts.

I am considering trialing/purchasing one of the two (yes, I know I can trial both but it takes months to learn properly the ability to use either so it is not a costless process to trial both and then decide).

I’d be keen to hear people’s thoughts on these two platforms – from what I can see people on this forum overwhelmingly use SQ for FX with MT 4/5 and NOT futures with TS/MultiCharts.

My initial hunch is that GSB seems to have some technical advantages over SQ and certainly more used by futures traders but the GSB UI is not good. Hence, it would be good to hear from someone who has used both.

Thanks,

carlos

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 20 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #274454

Hello there,

My opinion after some time with SQ is that the integration with Tradestation is not correct and most of the strategies cannot be replicated. I wish I could decorate something else, but I’m tired of having good strategies and when I export to TS they have nothing to do with it.

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #274480

Hello,
our developers have spent a lot of time with the TradeStation / MultiCharts support integration but still issues can occur. If you find any issues please do not hesitate to send us an email to [email protected] with more details

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #274576

Hello there, My opinion after some time with SQ is that the integration with Tradestation is not correct and most of the strategies cannot be replicated. I wish I could decorate something else, but I’m tired of having good strategies and when I export to TS they have nothing to do with it.

we really spent a lot of time on Tradestation engine, and while there could be some minor issues, it is not as you say that most of the strategies have different results in TS than in SQ.

We run automated tests comparing hundreds of strategies with Tradestation on every build, so we can identify the problems when they occur.

We have users who use SQX with Tradestation, even a few ones who participate on the World Trading Championship trading futures, so we have input from users who use it for real with big money.

There could be multiple reasons why your backtests in SQ and TS don’t match – the data or sessions are usual culprits.

Please check this article in our documentation: Reliable backtesting in Tradestation / MultiCharts

If you think the problem is something else please submit a few examples of your non-matching strategy to our task system and we’ll have a look at it,

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

carlos

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 20 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #274580

Hello there, My opinion after some time with SQ is that the integration with Tradestation is not correct and most of the strategies cannot be replicated. I wish I could decorate something else, but I’m tired of having good strategies and when I export to TS they have nothing to do with it.

we really spent a lot of time on Tradestation engine, and while there could be some minor issues, it is not as you say that most of the strategies have different results in TS than in SQ. We run automated tests comparing hundreds of strategies with Tradestation on every build, so we can identify the problems when they occur. We have users who use SQX with Tradestation, even a few ones who participate on the World Trading Championship trading futures, so we have input from users who use it for real with big money. There could be multiple reasons why your backtests in SQ and TS don’t match – the data or sessions are usual culprits. Please check this article in our documentation: Reliable backtesting in Tradestation / MultiCharts If you think the problem is something else please submit a few examples of your non-matching strategy to our task system and we’ll have a look at it,

Hello,

Honestly I have had problems a while ago, I must say that after the last update it seems that it has improved a lot.

I want my words to be taken as a constructive criticism and serve so that you dedicate more resources to the training of users so as not to fall into errors that surely are not from the Software, and that are due to a lack of training / information.

Sorry, not all strategies fail, I agree, it’s not fair.

I want to make it very clear that despite my criticisms I do not want to detract from the work you have done with SQ, an exceptional software without any doubt, thank you !!

Viewing 4 replies - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

1 2