SQ3 Define Max % Loss for Strategy Build COnditions

1 replies

devonkyle

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 15 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #233882

I’d like to clarify something.

Is it possible to specify the Max PERCENT loss of any trade during the build conditions set up in SQ3 .

I believe I  understand the Money Management which merely sets the share/lots conditions, but that doesn’t necessarily equate

to the  Max % loss (based on Acct Equity balance) of any single trade.

I want the conditions to know during build, that I never want to risk ie. 2% of a $10,000 account $200 max)

Is that something I need to specify in the SL/TP options either by setting the value in pips or in money via the Min/Max values based on the Capital Size parameters I’ve set ?

Also , I just completed reading the docs for SQ4 and I’m excited to set the new fuzzy logic features. Something I’ve been using with custom code with my SQ3 models  which are basically an ensemble method often used in machine learning decision trees / random forest.

TY

devon

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #233901

Hello,

if you want to evaluate risk per trade as a specific amount there needs to be the SL used. Without SL the risk cannot be defined. You can use the Fixed amount method which mean strategy will risk a fixed amount of money for every trade.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)