SQX Project: Using an existing Random Build as the Initial databank for Genetic

3 replies

afhampton

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 26 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #237765

I’m setting up an SQX project and I would like to conduct my initial build using the Random method (250 strategies) then use the results of that process as the Initial databank for a subsequent Genetic build (5000 strategies). How do I configure this in the project Task Flow? I realize that the help files say that Genetic build automatically uses Random as the beginning of the build process but I haven’t had any success that way. Regardless, I would like to break it into two distinct tasks in the project.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #237783

every genetic build starts with the random process – how many strategies will be computed as a starting initial population you set by setting the initial pouplation, number of islands and decimation coeff.

How many strategies will be  as a initial population you see in the genetic tab

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

afhampton

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 26 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #237789

Thanks for the reply Hankeys. I get that. But we also have the option to use an existing set of strategies as the initial databank for the genetic build. That is what I would like to specify. I see that it can be loaded manually for the genetic build task but I want to the genetic build to use a specific dataset that was the result of a specific build task. But what I want to know is:  Is there a way to separate the random part of the genetic build out as a separate task whose results are then used as the initial databank of a separate genetic build task?

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #237796

project task flow cant be set automatically as you wanted – there is no task which can use strategies from random gen as a initial population to genetic

you will need to do it for yourself

1. task – generate random strategies, STOP

run 2. task, put these strategies to build task and make your taskflow

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)