strange behavior of genetic engine

6 replies

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #250673

from B125 we can use in genetics IS Validation data…for me its nothing more, only another type of OOS type of date, and with only one thing added, where i can restart genetics algorithm by the ISV

BUT

if i have the same building config, in one i am using only OOS, on second one, i will change OOS to ISV and restart genetics by ISV and ranky by ISV – so i am changing only one thing – the restarting of evolution

i am getting very different number of accepted strategies

OOS – 2500 accepted strategies per hour

ISV – 6200 accepted strategies per hour

AND I DONT GET IT WHY THIS SIGNIFICANT CHANGE, because the restarting of evolution happens only the same for ISV or IS whole AND I DONT THINK, THAT I AM GETTING WITH ISV MORE DUPLICATES TO DATABANK

SOMETHING IS VERY STRANGE

take a look at those buidling configs a try for yourself

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

hankeys

Visit profile

4 years ago #250678

build configs

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Gianfranco

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, 114 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #250682

but if I’m not mistaken they have different building blocks…148   and   119

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #250683

I checked this  – the difference is in filters. With the ISV setting you have also conditios for IS (In Sample).

But – if you don’t have Out of Sample part defined, then In Sample part is the whole data. In Sample Validation (ISV) is a subset of this.

So in your configs you:

• have OOS defined, hence IS part is about half the data
  • don’t have OOS defined, instead of this you have In Sample – Validation defined. Hence IS is full range of data.

If you want to use your config with ISV as same as your OOS config you have to replace the conditions where you use whole IS with IST.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

hankeys

Visit profile

4 years ago #250684

understood – so i need for example

IS/OOS or IST/OOS – this will be the same

and if i want to use ISV, i need to set

IST/ISV

right?

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #250685

yes.

IS part consits of IST + ISV parts.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

mabi

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 261 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #250692

So genetic builder is checking it,s own building process performance using ISV against a fitness moving average Which seems to improve amount of found strategies per hour.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)