Strategy generation for Futures @HO, is this successfull?

6 replies

tnickel

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 488 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #281803

Hallo,

I don´t have experience in Future trading.

i saw the video from stat oasis (Supertrend Scalping Strategy | SQX template) on youtube.

I mean this video on youtube.

In this video Ali Casey create a template and produce strategies for the Future @HO for tradestation.

I build a template and build a workflow and checked if this is profitabel. My workflow analysis says, that this  is very profitabel.

In the video Ali Casey set for commision, swap, spread and slippage the value 0. I tested this with this values.

I’m not sure if these values ​​are realistic. Can someone help me what are the realistic values ​​for the Future @HO on the Tradestation.
If I get some realistic values, I will repeat my analysis with these new values.

thomas
<h1 class=”style-scope ytd-watch-metadata”></h1>

Attachments in this forum are visible only to Customers.

https://monitortool.jimdofree.com/

tnickel

Visit profile

1 year ago #281804

I attached the analysis in english and german.

Aj

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, 29 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #281807

Hey Thomas, sup?

Can I ask you a just dummy question?, Are you trying this stg on simulation mode on TS?

by my experience after all those stressed tests and analysis I put them in SiM mode for at least 6 months before they really operate in Live mode.

any question, hit me up!

Cheers,

Aj

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #281812

Hi,

as for HO market it is quite volatile and thin. The tick value is 4.2 USD. I would expect the spread anywhere between 5 – 10 ticks during main trading hours

Slippage would be another 5 – 10 ticks when entering using market order since the market can be really fast nowadays. That is about 40 – 80 USD cost per contract on average. The commission is about 5 USD with most brokers

tnickel

Visit profile

1 year ago #281838

@tomas

thanks for the info.

with commision=0 I find many strategies and the workflow is good. With commision=5 I find no strategy, I have to loosen my filtering conditions.

@Aj

I make sense to install all strategies on demo account first. I wait some Trades. 10-20. And than I activate the best strategies on life account.

Aj

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, 29 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #281839

@tnickel

hey T. I am ending my winter vacations and backing little by little, by next week if you want we can exchange ideas if you like.

as I said before the experience in running demo is a mix of testing and psychological dueling on trading. So if I am bold into that is for something 😜.

anyway I do trade Energies and I use other techniques for it, and one of those are not entering in the mkt with a MKT order on intraday.

cheers,

Aj.

carlos

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 20 replies.

Visit profile

3 months ago #284806

Hello,
I never manage to duplicate an SQX strategy in TS.
When I import code into TS, the strategy never gives good results.

Will they one day record videos with results of their strategies in TS?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)