Strategyguant fills up my hard drive

5 replies

alexb47

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, 21 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #269361

Hello,

Strategyquant is filling up my hard drive to 100%, any ideas why? Coincidently this started after I upgraded to a SSD, but not sure if this is related to the issue.

Thank you in advance for your help.

alexb47

Visit profile

3 years ago #269362

I should add to my original comments that the fill-up is happening while a custom project is running. I have it set up so once it finishes a rotation it then deletes all the strategies, except for the best ones, and then starts again from builder. This project was running for about a week until it crashed due to no disk space.

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #269370

Hello,

please check whether you have in any module (builder, retester) activated the “store chart data” option (Trading options -> Store chart data). If you have then for each trade generated there is also chart data stored. That can cause large amounts of temporary data being stored into your hard-drive.

alexb47

Visit profile

3 years ago #269371

That was exactly it, problem fixed! Thank you so much Tomas.

One last question, which folder stores the chart data, so I can go and delete.

Thank you once more.

alexb47

Visit profile

3 years ago #269372

Tomas,

Please disregard my above request, already found the folder at C:\StrategyQuantX\internal\tmp\stock.

Thank you

Karish

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 443 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #269391

One thing i dont get is even if the (Trading options -> Store chart data) feature is selected as ON,

Why when there are not even 1 strategy passed the filter rules and there is 0 strategies inside the Databank,

The (Trading options -> Store chart data) still stores TMP files inside the folder,

This can be easily fixed,

Just make SQX to not store the TMP file of strategies that fail the Filters criteria….

MADE A TASK HERE:
https://roadmap.strategyquant.com/tasks/sq4_7708

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)