the ascent

6 replies

Gianfranco

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, 114 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #242499

does the ascent begin? perhaps…..
first portfolio

coensio

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 106 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #242500

I’m glad we are starting to share some live account results on this forum, we should do this more often 🙂

Is there any reason to panic ?

– most portfolios I have seen were “80%” of the time in a DrawDown, so you can expect you will start with a DD, especially when you selected your portfolio strategies at their “equity high”.

– How many trades are we looking at? lotsize? How many strategies in portfolio?

– what is your historical and MC portfolio drawdown?

– my first SQX live portfolio does exactly the same thing right now, and I do not panic because I have seen it 10 times in my historical equity curve.

This is a false statement.

Gianfranco

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, 114 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #242501

max  DD   180   usd     in   tests              lot  size  fix     0.01      small  account    1000 euros     15  strategies      12  h1   eurusd      and   3   m15  eurusd

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #242503

diversify diversify diversify…one market is not enough…even EUR as my longest “best” market could take loooong losses

for example for now i have EURUSD in total loss too

if the volatility is in the shithole like these days, mostly we will take only losses….another TF wont help you alot

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

hankeys

Visit profile

4 years ago #242505

this is a long run portfolio only EURUSD strategies from SQ3 – running from 1.1.2018 – 570 days so far

you can see the drawdowns could be higher, but if the break appears, we will leave the losses behind….. trading breakouts is one big WAITING ROOM

profit factor only 1.13…nothing special

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

RNG

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 9 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #242509

Can i say an opinion of mine? Every time i heard “diversify with different market” from my experience i can say that this sentence is wrong, or to better say, incomplete.
You should diversify, but if you want a portfolio only on EURUSD, you can diversify only by putting strategies different, that’s it. If you put a trend follower strategy and a mean reverse strategy you have diversified.
Change my opinion.

hankeys

Visit profile

4 years ago #242511

thats true, you could live with one market, as i said – i am trading also only EURUSD ptfs and using only STOP strategies…because on this market you could find a bunch of strategies

but trust me, there will be times, when nothing will work – neither LIMIT strategies

are you trading real portfolio by your statement? show us some limit strategies on EURUSD.

also i am trading one market portfolios on indices by 100% – every indice i trade has own portfolio, because sometimes i am closing profits as a basket

so yes, could be made as you told us…

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)