Tick data

3 replies

WJPII

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, sq-ultimate, 118 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #261540

I purchased the Quant Data Manager before Strategy Quant.  I cancelled the subscription because it more difficult to transfer the data to MT than TDS.  But since I have the SQ now, do I need to keep TDS?  I have already downloaded all the ticks from SQ.  Let me know and how to move the ticks to MT.  Thanks.

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #261555

Hello, SQX contains all you need to get your tick data into MT4. Check this tutorial https://strategyquant.com/doc/strategyquant/test-strategy-metatrader-4-tick-precision/

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #261570

but if he has TDS it doesnt make sense to do some not easy job how to import tick data from SQX to MT platform

if you want to make backtests in MT, you should still use TDS

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

WJPII

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, sq-ultimate, 118 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #261597

TDS just billed me the $10 monthly yesterday.  So I guess I will use them for another month.  But I need to go through the material from the link provided to see if I can cancel with them.  Seems silly to keep paying on something I already get for free from SQ.

Thanks for the input.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)