Too Many Ambiguous Trades

4 replies

qattack

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 44 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #236736

Some build settings I choose result in a huge number of  results with “too many ambiguous trades” and “too many trades closing at the same bar”.

These results were being placed into my databank with warnings.

I found how to avoid placing these into my databank, but what specifically causes these errors?

mabi

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 261 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #236767

To small stop and targets makes the strategy open and close a trade on the same bar. When this happen you do not know which one is hit first the stop or the target and the winners could just aswell be a looser. There will always be some trades like this and a few is normal but to many can give a false EQ curve. However if a strategy has alot of these trades but most or all of them are loosers it could still be a good strategy.

qattack

Visit profile

5 years ago #236770

Aha, now it makes sense! ThanX for the reply.

So if I want to (for example) generate strategies on the 1m chart with only a 3 pip SL, what are the difficulties with generation?

When this ambiguity occurs, does SQX register the trade as “no trade” or “breakeven” or something else?

Can I solve this dilemma by retesting generated strategies with “tick data”?

qattack

Visit profile

5 years ago #236985

Bump. Can I solve the above problem by retesting “ambiguous” strategies (or “too many trades closing at same bar”) using tick data?

mabi

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 261 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #236989

yes

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)