Trading options – exit at end of range problem

15 replies

WJPII

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, sq-ultimate, 118 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #268486

I just downloaded V130.467.  Downloaded all ticks and noticed that I can no longer use the exit at end of range option any longer.  The toggle does not work.  Is there a setting somewhere where I accidentally removed this option?  Please advise.

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #268490

its simple – you can turn exit ON only if the limit to the range is turned ON, without it it doesnt make sense to exit

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

WJPII

Visit profile

3 years ago #268492

Thanks.  I understand the concept and have used it on previous builds.  BUT – this build does not allow for the toggle of on and off.   You cannot turn it on at all.

WJPII

Visit profile

3 years ago #268494

What I am trying to figure out is there another option somewhere that if I pick that option, it will turn off the ability to use exit at end of range?  Maybe under the “what to build” tab?

Attachments:

WJPII

Visit profile

3 years ago #268495

And the interesting thing is that I can change the values under the “exit at end of range” section – just cannot toggle on or off.  Stays in off position.

hankeys

Visit profile

3 years ago #268506

if i turned on limiting in the timeragne i can switch on also the exit at the end, so for me it works without a problem

Attachments:

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

WJPII

Visit profile

3 years ago #268507

The last copy of SQX (V130 beta) it was turning on fine.  But, I had to delete the version because the database become corrupted for some reason.  So, downlaoded the latest version of SQX and now that function does not work.  And it seriously affects the trading when making strategies.  So, crap, now I have to download another copy and all that data again!

hankeys

Visit profile

3 years ago #268511

your data is stored in user – data you can copy/paste them, there is no need to set or download again from scratch

WJPII

Visit profile

3 years ago #268559

I just downloaded and installed the latest version of SQX and I still cannot toggle the “exit at end of range” option.  I will now need to put in a bug request.

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #268564

Have you enabled “Limit time range” first? It is required before the “Exit at End of Range” becomes enabled for toggling

WJPII

Visit profile

3 years ago #268568

Thank you for the response.  That works.  However, this was never a requirement on previous installations/builds.  So, curious, why would a strategy need to have a time range to trade in conjunction with an exit pips range?  Couldn’t they be exclusive?

hankeys

Visit profile

3 years ago #268572

if you want to EXIT somewhere, you need to tell WHEN – and because of that the exiting cant stand independently

and whats the EXIT PIPS RANGE? – this has nothing to do with exiting at the end of the range – this is time based exit

WJPII

Visit profile

3 years ago #268591

Thank you for your response.  But, I differ on this point.  On some EA’s, you will want stops placed between certain times of the day, but it does not matter about the TP/SL values in this space.  But on market orders, if I want to have it open trades 24/5, then I may not want a range of time for trading, but may want an exit min/max on TP/SL.  As with our previous discussions, I have some personal preferences on EA development.  So, to say that I need to have a trading range plus TP/SL range enabled at the same time may not be what I want in that strategy.

Like I said, it worked independently before.  But, now that I know I have to have both on, I will work it out.

Attachments:

hankeys

Visit profile

3 years ago #268603

if it was working independently this is nothing more than a bug, because what to exit at the end of the range, where there is no range at all

exiting at the end of a day is above and has nothing to do with the range

i am afraid, that you dont understand it well how its working and worked

but i am only a user, devteam could tell you more

WJPII

Visit profile

3 years ago #268604

Some of the EA’s I like using has a very tight SL/TP (but no like a scalper).  So, I sometimes do not want an exit in a time period during the day or an exit on friday or an exit at the end of the day.  I like to have an exit in a very short window in pips.  That is why I wanted to use it independently.  Also, SQX added in this same option area to close pending or all trades.  So, again, I would prefer to use just that set of options sometimes rather than something more broad.

Regardless, I still cannot get an EA working with everything wide open for a 10 year back test after 5 months!  I am pulling my hair out with this software!

WJPII

Visit profile

3 years ago #268621

Another question on this: If I want to have pending stops only deleted and not open trades, do I put those times in the inputs, but apply 0 to the TP and SL?   Thanks.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)