Trading rules for custom indicators

4 replies

FILIPE BONALDO ACERBI

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 27 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #197436

I imported a custom indicator to SQ. The custom indicator shows 1 for buy, -1 for sell and 0 for flat. So the entries rules will be if > 0 buy if <0 sell. The problem that I have is that SQ can´t determine this simple rule for entries The genetic build uses other indicators to compare with custom indicator. There is a way force SQ follow this rule? Thanks

FILIPE BONALDO ACERBI

Visit profile

6 years ago #197546

Could somebody give a idea how can SQ detect sell and buy output from a custom indicator?

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #197589

Hello Filipe,

have you tried to setup the rules in the StrategyEditor? It supports custom indicators and it is easily setup there what you need. Let me know

FILIPE BONALDO ACERBI

Visit profile

6 years ago #197632

Hello Tomas,

thanks for the answer. I did what you explained and built a strategy using the strategy editor to test, but, what I want, is insert the rule directly in building blocks for genetic build. For example, I can choose the simple rule macd > 0 in building blocks and I want to do the same thing with the custom indicator (custom indicator > 0) but I dont know how. There is a way to insert this rule “custom indicator > 0” in the building blocks? Thanks

FILIPE BONALDO ACERBI

Visit profile

6 years ago #197674

Hello notch

I made what you told and build a strategy with the right entries rules for initial population. Now the SQ is using the desired rule for build the strategies.

Thanks

Filipe

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)