Trail on tangent or trail angle

3 replies

Uwe6000

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 27 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #254871

Hi,
I want to trail the SL on a tangent. After opening the long position, you wait until the 1st pullback arrives. That is point 1 of the tangent. The 2nd point is set when the 2nd pullback is created. The connection of the 2 points is continuously long. At this tangent I would like to trail the SL with an offset. Is that possible and if so how?

Second
If 1. does not work, I would like 2. (angle of rise):
Calculate an SL-Trail angle:
Point 1 is the lowest low of the last 8 candles
Point 2 is the 1st pullback (lowest low of the last 5 candles)
From the two points I would like to calculate the ascent angle and use this angle for SL trailing.
The SL is then traced every period with the calculated angle.

Are there ways to do that?
Many greetings

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #254892

Basically can be done but first the pullback has to be defined by some ‘simple’ rules. It is quite tricky or how would you define that a pullback occurs?

Uwe6000

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 27 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #254901

the pullback points can be the last 2 fractals ( from the farctal indicator).
for long: if next fractal higher as last fractal and fractals under sma15, then  we have a tangente.

Update tangente:

if the next fractal under sma15 higher as fractal under sma15 before (“update tangente”) and use this to trail

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #254916

The Fractal indicator is very lagging. Sometimes it’s created after multiple bars sometimes the already created fractal arrow vanishes. Check the video attached and discussion here https://strategyquant.com/forum/topic/3717-how-to-use-trendlines-with-ea-wizard/

There needs to be a better way to detect pullback

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)