Trendline Break system

5 replies

Jason

Customer, bbp_participant, sq-ultimate, 69 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #261947

Has anybody come across a strategy template for making long/ short trades when a bar breaks through a current trend line?

So for a falling trend the bar breaks through higher than the trend line and the trade is then long and vice versa?

Any help or suggestions on how I could construct this would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #261968

i am afraid, that we dont have any “trend line” building block in the SQX

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Jason

Visit profile

3 years ago #262030

Yes I noticed that. I was thinking more along the lines of adding a custom block or template to SQX via Algo Wizard, or maybe someone had already done it in the past. Unfortunately I’m not much of a coder so dont have the skill to code it directly with source code.

I have coded it using much simpler programming language on other platforms and I basically established if a trend was in effect using potential pivot points. So if the height of the last 2 or 3 pivot points was decreasing then I called that a trend line.

Combined with other confirming indicators I’ve found it to be quite effective. I was hoping that if I could get the horse power of SQX onto it it could develop something pretty robust.

hankeys

Visit profile

3 years ago #262038

i am afraid that to code something like “trend line” is out for 99.99% of SQX users – not some easy math formula like OPEN < CLOSE, etc.

so i am afraid, that without devteam its not possible

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Jason

Visit profile

3 years ago #262171

Yes I agree, and unfortunately I’m firmly in that group of 99.99% that you mentioned.

I’m not sure the developers have much time available for adding indicator requests? Although the developers seem active in adding overall functionality to the software and bug fixing I don’t think they have added many new indicators to the system over the last few years? Am I correct in saying that? It comes down to priorities with the resources you have available.

I need to get off my ass and learn Java!

hankeys

Visit profile

3 years ago #262177

sometimes they will add some more indicators – for example fractal to B129, so if we will be pusing, something could happen – there are tasks for required indicators already in the buglis webpage

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)