WFM Setting

4 replies

gbjohn701

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 18 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #261809

Dear Support,

I am new. Created EA using EURUSD H1 and typically following the training guide. I put the EA demo account and noted a few observations I would like to see advice.

1. EA issue one STOP BUY and one STOP SELL order which is 300 pips away. Is this common for H1 graph?

2. The position size is a bit unacceptable for a USD 3k account, the pending position is 0.6 to 0.8 on standard lot size. In EA inputs parameter, i set this to 0.01 and max 12 position, this does not seem to work the way i define. is there something that i have missed?

3. A strategy can can combine several indicators. In the WFM, how would i know various possible variation of setting to test and what are the essential ones. A WFM can have millions and millions of permutations, hence is there a good guide that helps novice like me on the right test.

I like the course. Appreciate the effot goes into the preparation. the WFM is not easy. Looking forward on more training material in this areas.

Thank you once again.

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #261814

300 pips or 300 ticks? – 300 pips will be very huge and you can see from backtest if a trades are opened these days – we dont have any MAX distance setting for pending order, only MIN value we can set

so how far the pending order will be is a question of SHIFT or big value of entry parameter where the pending order is places, hard to say something else without seeing the strategy itself

always test strategy as you want to trade it – did you done it?

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

gbjohn701

Visit profile

3 years ago #261843

Dear hankeys,

See image attached. I tested in on demo account.  The EA had now adjusted to 1 lot size despite i put 0.01. Was i incorrect?

The STOP SELL and STOP BUY have now narrowed. At 1.8350x, it has 131 pips away from 1.1704x on STOP SELL order, or 129 pips from 1.1964 STOP BUY order.

As the pips distance narrowed, the position size had increased 🙁

Attachments in this forum are visible only to Customers.

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #261844

and whats strange on this behavior? i am afraid, that you are lost and dont know what you are doing

you are risking 300 USD per 1 strategy per 1 trade on 3000 account? you really want to risk 10% of the account on 1 trade?

your SL is 30 pips from entry price of the pending order, so everything is correct – 30 pips SL vs 300 USD risk = 1 lot

you know how to compute risk or how to build a portfolio?

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

gbjohn701

Visit profile

3 years ago #262218

Thank you. Indeed! I noticed my mistake and tune it to work now. Many thanks.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)