Not logged in
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Forums>StrategyQuant>General Discussion>What is PROFIT TRAILING?

• #259674 |
    Customer
    107 Posts

Hello Traders

Could you please explain me, what was the PROFIT TRAILING in the SQ 3.82? What was the function and how it worked?
    Thank you all and best regards!

Csaba

tomas262
    Administrator
    1823 Posts

Hello,

profit trailing is a standard trailing mode that trails SL X pips from the highest price from entry for a long position. The opposite is valid for a short position

The stop trailing on the other hand was used to trail SL using an indicator for example Move Stop to (CloseDaily(9) + (0.6) * BarRange(161))) on bar close;

Customer
    107 Posts

Thank you Tomas

Can I reach it in the SQX, that I have 2 stop trailing in a strategy like it was in SQ3? I attached a picture.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Customer
    790 Posts

i think it was working differently in SQ3

profit trailing – trailing starts only when the order goes to profit

stop trailing – trailing starts immediately whatever result you have – loss or profit

in SQX we have only 1 trailing, but we have also trailing activation and by that you can have strats, where trailing starts later – so it could be “similar” to profit trailing

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2016. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM. 1500+ final SQX strategies for members running on demo accounts to verify the edge DEMO ACCS. We provide also strategies for indices - DAX, DOW JONES, NASDAQ, SP, UK, because we have realtick data from our brokers.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.