Discuss the new EA Wizard 4 Beta version

73 replies

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #114402

The Beta version of new EA Wizard 4 is finally released – see more here

Discuss new EAW 4 Beta version in this thread – post your suggestions, bugs found, etc. here 

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

mantadiver

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 33 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #137741

Mark, 

I like the new interface & navigation and find it takes far fewer mouse clicks to achieve the desired outcome compared to V3.

1. Are Custom Indicators uploaded to the internet on the web version or do they remain local ?

2. Would still like to see a simple check box next to each condition so that they can be switched on / off for testing each new segment. Currently I end up creating multiple tabs or even versions of the EA to test each component. 

3. Notes is a great addition. Again the ability to have a note field alongside each condition would be helpful in remembering the original thinking.

4. Although easy enough to add under “Custom Actions” it would be good to see “Alerts” & “Notifications” under the Logging & Messaging section.

Minor suggestions in the scheme of things but as a beta it looks very promising.

varilorant

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 9 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #137742

Here is an issue:

When I use OnInit event (If-then) where the Then Action is EnterAtMarket, the MT4 cant compile the code because the “_ticket” is undeclared in init()…

Best Regards  

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Lorant, Vari
Founder, CEO
AlgoTrader Technologies Ltd.  

M: +40 (752) 469 363
E:  
[email protected]
W:  http://www.algotrader.ninja
T:  http://twitter.com/algotraderninja
S:  lorant_algotrader (skype ID)

This e-mail contains proprietary information, some or all of which may be legally privileged. Unless otherwise specified, the opinions expressed herein do not necessarily represent those of AlgoTrader Technologies Ltd. It is for the intended recipient only.  AlgoTrader Technologies Ltd  accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage arising in any way from the receipt of this document or use thereof. If you have received this document in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the author of this e - mail then destroy and delete this document. Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and/or publication of this document is strictly prohibited.

Matusiak Adrian

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 300 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #137743

Hello Mark,

Have you reviewed my issues?

When can we expect possibility of export created strategy to StrategyQuant for further testing?

btn_viewmy_160x33.png

Mark Fric

Visit profile

7 years ago #137744

When I use OnInit event (If-then) where the Then Action is EnterAtMarket, the MT4 cant compile the code because the “_ticket” is undeclared in init()…

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

Mark Fric

Visit profile

7 years ago #137745

Adrian – yes, I already fixed the problem with daily values, it should work.

When can we expect possibility of export created strategy to StrategyQuant for further testing? 

this will have to wait until SQ 4. SQ 3 doesn’t have support for a big part of indicators/blocks that are available in Wizard anyway.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

varilorant

Visit profile

7 years ago #137752

Hi Mark

I sent you a strategy (shared with [email protected]that has many compile issues, you’ll find the _ticket problem mentioned above as well.

Please review it.

Thx

Best Regards  

Lorant, Vari
Founder, CEO

E:  
[email protected]

This e-mail contains proprietary information, some or all of which may be legally privileged. Unless otherwise specified, the opinions expressed herein do not necessarily represent those of AlgoTrader Technologies Ltd. It is for the intended recipient only.  AlgoTrader Technologies Ltd  accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage arising in any way from the receipt of this document or use thereof. If you have received this document in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the author of this e - mail then destroy and delete this document. Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and/or publication of this document is strictly prohibited.

eastpeace

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 305 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #137760

Yes, I am sure there are some basic syntax error when translate the strategy to MT4 code.

IE11 can’t save the .sqw file to localhost, firefox open online app too slow.

And I find that when I reload the saved sqw on cloud, the strategy would change. So I am not sure that the  mt4 code is matched to the sqw file. 

TRJ

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 4 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #137816

Not strictly related to EAW4, but the Dashboard page (wizard.strategyquant.com/app) is missing a vertical scroll bar and only part of the page is visible (tried with IE and Firefox).

Mark Fric

Visit profile

7 years ago #137822

Not strictly related to EAW4, but the Dashboard page (wizard.strategyquant.com/app) is missing a vertical scroll bar and only part of the page is visible (tried with IE and Firefox).

I tried it now and I see normal horizontal scrollbal on the bottom, if your screen is too small.

Could you send a screenshot how it looks on your browser?

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

Mark Fric

Visit profile

7 years ago #137823

varilorant

I looked at your strategy and found a bug which I fixed. It should work now. 

Yes, I am sure there are some basic syntax error when translate the strategy to MT4 code.

And I find that when I reload the saved sqw on cloud, the strategy would change. So I am not sure that the  mt4 code is matched to the sqw file. 

it is hard to believe to me that strategy would change after you reload it from saved cloud file.

I saw the strategy you sent and the problem was that in some comparisons the left side of the comparison was missing – it was not defined. This caused compiling errors.

Did you create your strategy in Wizard or Full editor?

Maybe also share the strategy with me, you don’t need to save it to a file. But please also post here the shared link.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

varilorant

Visit profile

7 years ago #137835

Hi Mark

The “_ticket” issue still exist:

Please check my attachments

Thx

Best Regards  

Lorant, Vari
Founder, CEO

E:  
[email protected]

eastpeace

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 305 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #137838

varilorant

I looked at your strategy and found a bug which I fixed. It should work now. 

it is hard to believe to me that strategy would change after you reload it from saved cloud file.

I saw the strategy you sent and the problem was that in some comparisons the left side of the comparison was missing – it was not defined. This caused compiling errors.

Did you create your strategy in Wizard or Full editor?

Maybe also share the strategy with me, you don’t need to save it to a file. But please also post here the shared link.

Yes,Mark. That error have be fixed. It could be compiled just with some warning, no errors. (No events(Oninit) setting in my strategy)

That is my report 😀 .

And the problem about reloading saved .sqw file, that the strategy conditions would change, have disappeared too.

But all setting in Eaw4 beta is too mt4 style, it’s not very good for me.(I want to use sq or eaw for TS/MC mainly). 

When will the help or guide file come out? Thanks. 

A question:

I want to set the stop loss =  entryprice – 2 * AtrValue(shift 1 left before the entry bar).  How to do that? Thank you.

Mark Fric

Visit profile

7 years ago #137872

varilorant

The “_ticket” issue still exist:

the whole problem is that you shouldn’t use Enter/Exit order commands in onInit, onDeinit tabs, they will not work in the real EA.

We will add a fix to the code, but your commands to open trade will not work in MT4.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

Mark Fric

Visit profile

7 years ago #137873

eastpeace

But all setting in Eaw4 beta is too mt4 style, it’s not very good for me.(I want to use sq or eaw for TS/MC mainly). 

hm, how would you like it to look to make it more like TS/MC like? EasyLanguage is simpler than MQL and uses a slightly different syntax, but you have to build the trading conditions in the same way, don’t you?

It would help me if you’ll think about how Wizard should ideally look for TS/MC and draw it for me or make some screenshot, so I understand your idea.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

varilorant

Visit profile

7 years ago #137874

the whole problem is that you shouldn’t use Enter/Exit order commands in onInit, onDeinit tabs, they will not work in the real EA.

We will add a fix to the code, but your commands to open trade will not work in MT4.

OK, understood.

Maybe would be a good idea to disable the order commands in onInit, onDeinit tabs, so you can avoid any reports in the future from members 🙂

BTW: Nice job!

Best Regards  

Lorant, Vari
Founder, CEO

E:  
[email protected]

Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 73 total)

1 2 3 4 5