Best Method of Account Equity Allocation in Portfolio

4 replies

mickaswah

Subscriber, bbp_participant, 5 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #269039

Hi,

Thinking out loud here as I set up my portfolio of strategies. What’s the best method to utilise the funds I have available to trade with?
I think it would be option 1, I know it probably depends on a lot of factors, but let’s assume that all of the strategies are at least reasonably sound and aren’t going to blow up the account.

Let’s assume there are 10 strategies on the portfolio and I have a $10k account

1. Do I open 1 account and allocate it $10k and run all 10 strategies on the one account (my thoughts below)
  2. Do I open 10 accounts and allocate each account $1k and run one strategy per account

I would be interested to hear what the more experienced traders with long term accounts are doing and why you believe your method works.

Thanks in advance.

Mick

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #269040

if you want to trade forex with MT platform, there is no need to have 10 accounts for each strategy – you can trade everything on 1 account

and imagine that you will trade it as a portfolio so your drawdown must be lower that sum of drawdowns for each strategy – so your needed capital can be lower also if you will be trading everything in 1 account instead of tradin each strategy separately

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

mickaswah

Subscriber, bbp_participant, 5 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #269063

Thanks Hankeys,

I thought that approach would be the best one.

Cheers Mick

mary100

Subscriber, bbp_participant, 4 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #269069

Is it possible to download portfolio sources code and trade them in one account,,, just like hedge

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #269073

you can save merged portfolio and make for example 1 MQL file for 5 strategies – https://strategyquant.com/doc/strategyquant/merge-split-portfolio/

but you need to know what are the limitations – every strategy need to have same MM, same trading options and same TF

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)