Not logged in
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 82 total)

Forums>StrategyQuant>Extras & Strategies>EURUSD on the 1 hour chart

• #241169|
    Customer
    74 Posts

Thank you, notch!

I really appreciate what you’re saying.

I would be interested to know how you improved the strategy from your point of view.
    I am interested in it from the perspective of learning.

I would like to see as much as possible different perspectives to lern from it.

But you can also send me a private message if you are afraid that this will be an endless debate :)

Hello! I'm looking for people who want to earn some money on the side! The entry is simple, just install the browser https://get.cryptobrowser.site/4117939 and use it daily. It's fast, easy to find and practical to use - you'll love it! But the main thing is that you can earn Bitcoins directly in it! Does that sound good? Don't think long and join in!

Customer
    85 Posts

Hey, debate is nice :)

I’ve checked both strategies; Marcel and hankeys – thank you both for your generosity sharing.

Hankeys looks nicer – better Ret/DD – but from my point of view is clearly less robust. The MC tests are failing following my personal workflow; MC Exact, MC Random. So, always from my perspective I’d choose Marcel’s.

Regarding the strategies improvement I don’t like it. Strategy is improved enough with the genetic algorithim, in our business Improving means curve fitting and that’s worst nightmare

Customer
    221 Posts

my strategy was build in 2017 and traded live for 2 years, this is the major robustnest test

you couldnt compare strategy without EOF, without slippage with this kind of strategy…in real trading you will very soon find out

You want to be a profitable algotrader? Sharing of final strategies with real traders just started. Fill in this FORM. 500+ final SQX strategies for members running on demo account SQX demo acc. We provide also strategies for indices - DAX and DOW JONES, because we have realtick data from brokers.

Customer
    221 Posts

another major issue – its generated for EURUSD UTC0, you will be trading in this timezone?

You want to be a profitable algotrader? Sharing of final strategies with real traders just started. Fill in this FORM. 500+ final SQX strategies for members running on demo account SQX demo acc. We provide also strategies for indices - DAX and DOW JONES, because we have realtick data from brokers.

Customer
    85 Posts

Good for you. Congratulations if that’s working to you but I don’t buy it ;)

Customer
    221 Posts

nobody is selling here, you already downloaded it for free…its my gift for you :)

Customer
    386 Posts

MC tests are good to see worst performance that can be expected. Otherwise they have the tendency to remove huge amount great strategies. I think this using 50 % of RDD @95% is  no good. I got much better result on unseen OOS using an fixed (2-3) RDD @100% instead and it also feels better knowing that on 300 simulated runs no one was a looser. This way the High RDD strategies are not deleted by MC test and those are the ones that performs best coming OOS and also among the few I have from SQ3 that actually have performed great on Real accounts.

Customer
    484 Posts

Hey, debate is nice :) Regarding the strategies improvement I don’t like it. Strategy is improved enough with the genetic algorithim, in our business Improving means curve fitting and that’s worst nightmare

The business of losing money is not attractive to me.  Like I wrote before:  ZERO progression here.  The above is a lazy generic statement I’ve read here for years.

Strategy is improved enough with the genetic algorithim

Seems traders haven’t even stumbled on the notion of DE-curve fitting yet.  By now one of you must have conducted an extensive empirical study of strategy survivability: random generation produced vs. genetic algorithm produced.  GE doesn’t “improve” a strategy at all unless you are referring to improvements born of the most extreme forms of data-mining bias beyond Aronson, GE/GA certainly gives you the correct haystack to focus on (from an infinite set of haystacks) which in itself is invaluable but some distance away from how many use this powerful tool.

Anyway (before the ‘night is dark because’ debates start), I have a function to code.

Customer
    484 Posts

MC tests are good to see worst performance that can be expected. Otherwise they have the tendency to remove huge amount great strategies. I think this using 50 % of RDD @95% is no good. I got much better result on unseen OOS using an fixed (2-3) RDD @100% instead and it also feels better knowing that on 300 simulated runs no one was a looser. This way the High RDD strategies are not deleted by MC test and those are the ones that performs best coming OOS and also among the few I have from SQ3 that actually have performed great on Real accounts.

Makes sense.

If I can produce 100000 strategies in a week, I’m okay with losing a huge amount of great strategies due to false negatives.  It comes with the research progress.

Customer
    61 Posts

most probably because of user :) from this picture i cant tell you anything – info whats wrong are in logs in metatrader you are doing something wrong and i dont totally understand why the hell many people need to do backtests in metatrader? if you dont have tick data suite, backtesting in MT is nonsense

Hello, Thank you for your answer. Enclosed I now send you the excerpt from the log file to your EA. Basically the test in the Metatrader is about what exactly your EA didn’t do, namely a test that it works at all. I would be very happy if you could tell me why your EA doesn’t work. Thanks a lot!

@Hankeys:

would you be so kind and tell me why the file you gave me does not trigger a trade in the Metatrader?

Hello! I'm looking for people who want to earn some money on the side! The entry is simple, just install the browser https://get.cryptobrowser.site/4117939 and use it daily. It's fast, easy to find and practical to use - you'll love it! But the main thing is that you can earn Bitcoins directly in it! Does that sound good? Don't think long and join in!

Customer
    221 Posts

hard to say, never have problem with any strategy – i dont know why the MT is telling you thats not a EA

i dont know how are you producing MQL code from SQ, i dont know your MT build you are using, etc. etc.

try this comiled EX4

Attachments in this forum are visible only to Customers.

Customer
    61 Posts

Same. No change. Your EA do not start any action in the backtest of metatrader and i can not install him in a chart…..

Customer
    221 Posts

cant help, it works for me…try this MQL file and compile for yourself

Customer
    85 Posts

Well, maybe we’re talking about obvious thongs but if @notch you say Genetic algorithm is not searching by improvement… well nothing to argue, look at wikipedia.

And yes, curve fitting is worst nightmare. All of us are curvefitting, if not look at this sample of 3.000 strategies. They have an average Profit Factor = 1,6 aprox on 15 years. After the first 18 months this 3.000 strategies go to PF=1,4. That’s Mr curvefitting in action

Customer
    61 Posts

Gentlemen,

i appreciate this lively conversation and i appreciate the diversity because i can give my part of knowledge and take something out of every variance.

Please don’t get lost in a competition that is not one.
    We can all profit from each other and should do so because only in the community can we achieve what we all want……earn money…..as fast and as long as possible.

Alone never one will be as strong as a community so let us work together and not against each other.

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by  Marcel.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 82 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.