EURUSD on the 1 hour chart

51 replies

Marcel

Customer, bbp_participant, 55 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #241071

Hello,

The following is a strategy for the EURUSD on the 1 hour chart.

Opinions are very welcome.

Attachments in this forum are visible only to Customers.

coensio

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 106 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #241389

For clarification the RDD of 211 does not mean for every $1 I lose, I gain $211!!!

RDD in SQX is just netprofit/drawdown, so in your case = $4396.2/$20.75 =211.865 as visible in your stats below the chart.

Scalping FX markets is not easy, I’ve spent many many months (years) on that and have only one scalping system that works and only on one broker. Modeling on broker A tickdata and running it on Broker B is pointless. Spread is on thing, but there are also slippages, latency, commissions and swaps. Scalpers will also perform differently on different VPSses and different broker server connections. Scalping is like being Alice in wonderland….

I do not think you will get much out of the discussions here, if you really want to learn something new e.g.: going into frequency domain, doing FFT stuff etc… maybe you need talk to people like John Ehlers: http://www.mesasoftware.com/mesa_phasor.htm

Below fresh testing results of my scalping system on real account.

coensio scalping system

This is a false statement.

coensio

Visit profile

4 years ago #241395

Yes I’ve also tried short term (minute) scalping also with several other ‘experienced’ traders, we tried “wick hunting”, peak detecting, peak reversals, candles with wick without wicks, candle patterns, all standard indicators etc…you name it….I’ve coded several different proprietary indicators for that investigation. The issue was that all systems behaved very differently on live accounts than on demo and in the backtesting. Modeling was very difficult, nothing worked. So instead of real scalpers, we concentrated on ‘fast’ in-and-out intraday high probability trades. Even then it took several months to find something with profits.

Scalping is not easy…

mabi

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 261 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #241403

Scalping is  a manual job. Then you can get up to 80-90% profitable. I did it between  2006-2009 on E-mini Russell looking at the tape.

mabi

Visit profile

4 years ago #241404

Scalping is a manual job. Then you can get up to 80-90% profitable. I did it between 2006-2009 on E-mini Russell looking at the tape.

The best way is combine it with a sound so You can hear when the volume comes in. Your reaction to sound is much faster it is like changing gears when driving a car you know when to do it by the sound.

By the way this is the definition of RDD,   https://www.backtestmarket.com/return-drawdown/

coensio

Visit profile

4 years ago #241407

This topic has too many topics…

You ought to build an anti swap charge EA which closes all negative swap positions 1 minute before Wednesday’s rollover then reopens positions (or places limit orders etc) after rollover using the same magic number as before. I bet that would sell.

Yeah, only please tell me how to avoid spread increases around the midnight hours….

The best way is combine it with a sound so You can hear when the volume comes in. Your reaction to sound is much faster it is like changing gears when driving a car you know when to do it by the sound.

YES!

Scalping is a manual job.

But this is not what we are doing here, right? I do not want to spent rest of my life starring at charts, instead I am looking into ways how to spent as less time as possible on my trading. I think I will open a new topic to discuss an another idea that seems to work.

mabi

Visit profile

4 years ago #241408

Notch about RDD was pulling your leg. You are to easy . he he

Coensio, yes scalping suck I went up 25 kg during 2006-2009. I tried to build scalping strategies for years with a program for Ninjatrader called Bloodhound Ultimate. I gave it up.

Viewing 6 replies - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)

1 2 3 4