Performing Correlation Analysis on other datasets

1 replies

afhampton

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 26 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #280212

I love the ability of QA4 to perform correlation analysis on a portfolio of strategies. Very helpful.

I also need to analyze a strategy against other macro-economic data sets. For example, I’ve used SQX to build a fantastic strategy using Dukascopy data from 2017 – 2022. I also put it through a series of robustness tests and it holds up solidly for the period 2017 – 2022.

However, if I run the strategy on Dukascopy data from 2013-2017, it fails miserably for no explainable reason. I suspect that the performance is due to changes in macro-economic variables such as the change in the interest rate % from the Federal Reserve, or maybe it was from a directional change of CPI, etc. etc.

I would like to be able to take the strategy’s performance and compare it to various sets of macro-economic data for the same period to see if there is a correlative relationship (either positively or negatively).

In a perfect world, QA4 would already have downloaded all of the significant macro-economic indicators from a source such as tradingeconomics.com (or some other resource) and I could just tell QA4 to compare the strategy against all of those known datasets to see if correlates with any of them.

Is there a way for me to do this in QA4 that I’m not aware of?

Thanks,

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #280258

Hi,

currently QA4 serves the purpose of analyzing trading performance reports only. Benchmarks charts are available though. See the clip attached

You can compare to any symbol that is available through Yahoo data or Dukascopy data

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)