SQX: Portfolio Correlation test question

12 replies

extreme

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 0 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #236651

Hi All,

Quick Question, for breakout strategy. What would be the most important correlation metric?
Profit/Loss or Open And Closed Trades?

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #236663

Does each strategy trade a different market? I prefer to analyze P/L correlation considering each strategy trades different market

extreme

Visit profile

5 years ago #236674

No, in this case its the same instrument

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #236681

i think the best method is correlation of LOSS only – could this be added? We need to cut the losses to the minimum and let the profits

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

samuel

Visit profile

4 years ago #241119

i think the best method is correlation of LOSS only – could this be added? We need to cut the losses to the minimum and let the profits

that’s a good idea

hankeys

Visit profile

4 years ago #241121

but no one is listening…cut the losses and let the profit runs

latest real portfolio…

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Marcel

Customer, bbp_participant, 55 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #241134

Hi All, Quick Question, for breakout strategy. What would be the most important correlation metric? Profit/Loss or Open And Closed Trades?

I would advise you to choose ONE strategy for each instrument and timeframe you trade.
Correlation with QuantAnlayzer is only conditionally useful because one strategy could not correlate with another, even if the profit/loss is only one cent apart.

Correspondingly:

Choose a strategy that you think is good and then run only one strategy at a time. Maybe the portfolio master in QA will also help you in your search for the one strategy.

tomas262

Visit profile

4 years ago #241146

This snippet counts only losing trades into correlation statistic

hankeys

Visit profile

4 years ago #241153

its for SQX or QA? if i put it in QA nothing happens, in SQX error

tomas262

Visit profile

4 years ago #241159

This can be used in QuantAnalyzer. It needs to be compiles and QA restarted

Attachments:

Marcel

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 56 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #241164

Works.

Thank you Tomas!

Do you have something more like this in you backhand 🙂 ?

Hello! I'm looking for people who want to earn some money on the side! The entry is simple, just install the browser https://get.cryptobrowser.site/4117939 and use it daily. It's fast, easy to find and practical to use - you'll love it! But the main thing is that you can earn Bitcoins directly in it! Does that sound good? Don't think long and join in!

hankeys

Visit profile

4 years ago #241173

i must laugh, by your method i have strategies that are only loosing every month 🙂

ITS NOT WORKING, or you dont understand what is necessary

if the month is in profit, it couldnt be calculated as loss from it

Attachments:

hankeys

Visit profile

4 years ago #241175

this is true correlation of losses – profit months need to be ZERO, because, there were no losses for the whole month

Attachments:

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)