Not logged in

Forums

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 983 total)
  • #114916 |
    Administrator
    3082 Posts

Hello all, 

I’m publishing a screenshot of new StrategyQuant 4 UI. First of all, let me say that this is not a screenshot of real application, but the design how the user interface will look like.

We are currently in the process of implementing this new design.

We started working on new UI just recently. SQ4 engine (testing/trading and genetic) are 80% finished, and UI will be an “interface” to this engine.

What is worth mentioning:

• It will be possible to start multiple tasks (Build, Testing, Optimizing) in parallel in the new SQ 4.
    • The new UI is made in HTML/JS. It will be installed and will behave like a standard desktop application, but it will also allow you to access and control SQ running remotely for example on VPS using your normal web browser (if you’ll allow it in settings). There are some challenges making UI like this, but the benefits overweight the cons.
    • The testing engine in SQ4 already supports multi-symbol and multi-timeframe strategies
    • SQ4 will allow you to create your own building blocks / indicators
    • SQ4 is plugin-based, so it will be possible to extend it with new functionality
    • new Wizard will be an integral part of SQ4, and it will enable to create more complex strategies

Please give us some time to finish the things to the Alpha version, we will publish real testable application as soon as we’ll have it.

The things are still in the heavy development, and we are still finding the best way to implement some of them.

The user interface of SQ4 will be little bit different than SQ3, but our aim is to make it more intuitive and simple, while allowing better configurability and flexibility,

New UI

Attachments in this forum are visible only for registered users.

Something for programmers – example MACD implementation source code in SQ4

Attachments in this forum are visible only for registered users.

Mark
    StrategyQuant architect

Karish
    Customer
    578 Posts

Wow mark and the SQ team, I’m amazed!,

great job! good to hear that it’s almost finished (80%)!,

the UI looks newish but simple, i’m sure it will improve and will look more professional in the upcoming improvements!,

haha i like the profile thinggy it is like a social network thinggy also :), would be cool if it would be like it, i mean the every user will have it own profile in SQ4 and it will allow to connect between other users and share custom indicators/strategies/plugins, would be awesome to have comments and real time chat (personal chat and as-well as a global public chat in between the whole user data base in real time),

damn that sounds and looks awesome!,

job well done SQ team!!!, i’m so excited! and hopefully all will go well and fast plus those social network thinggy will be implemented to it too! 🙂

GOOD LUCK!

We started working on new UI just recently. SQ4 engine (testing/trading and genetic) are 80% finished, and UI will be an “interface” to this engine.

Trading?…, please explain.. 🙂

Customer
    237 Posts

Mark will sq4 allow us to open 2-3 trades same time ?
    Can we customize lots (make our own MM)
    And when is the approximate release for the alpha ?
    Thank you

Customer
    916 Posts

I like the concept of the UI.

It would be good to have the concept of a project:

1. Give it a name (Breakouts on Gold)
    2. Then there is a project explorer tree that show possible tasks (build, retesting, optimization, walk forward, exported code, etc).  If you haven’t done anything in that section, the leaf is empty on the project tree.
    3. There are versions.  So run a build task in the project, it is saved under version 1 on the tree leaf.  Stop it and save the results.  Run it again and it will be saved under version 2. 

It makes is easy to see all the related work together, and the progress and the versions as you move back and forth in the tasks.

Just a suggestion.

I think a modern web based (HTML + JS) reactive UI is the way forward.  Like this type of thing:

https://almsaeedstudio.com/themes/AdminLTE/index2.html

http://www.keenthemes.com/preview/metronic/theme/admin_2_rounded/

Can use the browser to point to local web server instance running on specific port after installing SQ4, or to an instance running on a remote server.

Hopefully see some more meat on the UI soon. 🙂

Regards,

Mike

Customer
    916 Posts

I like the look of the indicator code. I’m not a Java programmer, but here’s the C# code for a cAlgo indicator:

Cvwmh.jpg

It’s not a million miles away for the concepts there.  You might want to look at the cAlgo API, although cAlgo itself is buggy and annoying, the design of the API is pretty good.

http://ctdn.com/api/guides/indicators

http://ctdn.com/api/guides/trading_api

Maybe you can borrow some ideas on the API design and see if you are missing any tricks/features?

Thanks,

Mike

Customer
    916 Posts

Mark,

One important thing.  Don’t forget for indicators where there is more than one output data series, we need to mark the pairs that represent opposite values.  So for a channel (e.g. Donchian) we need to say these two outputs are related (high level, low level), so that rules use one for long and the other for short.

Cheers,

Mike

Customer
    35 Posts

Hello all, 

I’m publishing a screenshot of new StrategyQuant 4 UI. First of all, let me say that this is not a screenshot of real application, but the design how the user interface will look like.

We are currently in the process of implementing this new design.

What is worth mentioning:

• It will be possible to start multiple tasks (Build, Testing, Optimizing) in parallel in the new SQ 4.
    • The new UI is made in HTML/JS. It will be installed and will behave like a standard desktop application, but it will also allow you to access and control SQ running remotely for example on VPS using your normal web browser (if you’ll allow it in settings). There are some challenges making UI like this, but the benefits overweight the cons.
    • The testing engine in SQ4 already supports multi-symbol and multi-timeframe strategies
    • SQ4 will allow you to create your own building blocks / indicators
    • SQ4 is plugin-based, so it will be possible to extend it with new functionality
    • new Wizard will be an integral part of SQ4, and it will enable to create more complex strategies

Please give us some time to finish the things to the Alpha version, we will publish real testable application as soon as we’ll have it.

The things are still in the heavy development, and we are still finding the best way to implement some of them.

The user interface of SQ4 will be little bit different than SQ3, but our aim is to make it more intuitive and simple, while allowing better configurability and flexibility,

Something for programmers – example MACD implementation source code in SQ4

Thank you for your hard work during this time period.

A Quantitative trader lives in Taiwan build own strategy by use MT4 ,Multichart ,TradingBlox & SQ.
    Also have course with Trader Training,Programming for who really want to join this trading world.

medium.jpg medium.jpg medium.jpg medium.jpg

Youtube WebSite Blog

Karish
    Customer
    578 Posts

I like your suggestions mikeyc, sounds great and the example links you posted looking great also!,

i wish in the future SQ4 will have that kind of sexy design, but i rather have a full functionality and only then after the functionality part of things done, the design will come afterwards and then the features i’ve suggested above also,

every user will have it own profile in SQ4 and it will allow to connect between other users and share custom indicators/strategies/plugins, would be awesome to have comments and real time chat (personal chat and as-well as a global public chat in between the whole user data base in real time),

Customer
    292 Posts

Hi Mark. Thanks for good news. A Must is to have an option to see how  indicators works on chart to verify them. And it would be paradise to have an option to make tasks like:  Build strategies wait until databank is full, then perfrom tests then run RT tests then choose by criteria  and then send me an email  B)  😀

Customer
    916 Posts

Hi Mark. Thanks for good news. A Must is to have an option to see how  indicators works on chart to verify them. And it would be paradise to have an option to make tasks like:  Build strategies wait until databank is full, then perfrom tests then run RT tests then choose by criteria  and then send me an email  B)  😀

Maybe a scripting language for creating macros?

Customer
    602 Posts

@Mark: if we can code indicators in SQ4 now, can they be also used for the random generation of strategies then, like forexsb.com does it? The question though is: how is the trading done then? If we code an indicator in SQ4, we need to code a equivalent of it that outputs the exact same values in MT4 (Ninjatrader etc) as well, or can the new SQ4 now also trade our strategies via a bridge to MT4 and we don´t need MQL4 code anymore?

Administrator
    3082 Posts

this is planned. Not using a scripting language, but by grouping “tasks” one after each other to create exactly the workflow you mention as an example.

Mark
    StrategyQuant architect

Administrator
    3082 Posts

@Mark: if we can code indicators in SQ4 now, can they be also used for the random generation of strategies then, like forexsb.com does it? The question though is: how is the trading done then? If we code an indicator in SQ4, we need to code a equivalent of it that outputs the exact same values in MT4 (Ninjatrader etc) as well, or can the new SQ4 now also trade our strategies via a bridge to MT4 and we don´t need MQL4 code anymore?

When you create custom indicator/building block in SQ4 you are usually copying some indicator that exists elsewhere, so you already have a code for this indicator. If not, then you should code this indicator also in the target platform.

Another option is exactly as you mention – trade directly from SQ using a bridge or direct connection to a broker. This is something we’d like to provide as well.

Mark
    StrategyQuant architect

Customer
    602 Posts

Sounds good Mark, so it´s similar to what forexsb.com has been doing for years – either use a bridge to directly trade from it or code the indicator in SQ4 and MQL4 and export the strategy as MQL4 code. Do you also plan to make a online repository where we can share these indicators in a community and directly download them into SQ4? That´s how forexsb.com does it and I find this being a straight forward approach.

In any case: sounds all good and very complex, smell like 1000´s of bugs to me, I am ready to discover them whenever you need me;) Is it planned to use the tasks.strategyquant.com section for this again instead of the Forum? I otherwise fear a untrackable mess if all the bugs will be posted to the Forum instead of the tracker.

Karish
    Customer
    578 Posts

Hi Mark. Thanks for good news. A Must is to have an option to see how  indicators works on chart to verify them. And it would be paradise to have an option to make tasks like:  Build strategies wait until databank is full, then perfrom tests then run RT tests then choose by criteria  and then send me an email   B)   😀

OMG SO TRUE!, please add this to SQ4….!

When you create custom indicator/building block in SQ4 you are usually copying some indicator that exists elsewhere, so you already have a code for this indicator. If not, then you should code this indicator also in the target platform.

Another option is exactly as you mention – trade directly from SQ using a bridge or direct connection to a broker. This is something we’d like to provide as well.

So Mark if i have an Mql4 indicator code that i would like to implement into SQ4, would SQ4 understand the code and create an equivalent version of it in the coding lang that SQ4 will understand the full functionality of the indicator?, or i would need to code it myself in the SQ4 lang to be equivalent to the Mql4 code version..?,

the bridge idea sounds great but please do not make it as a fixed option…!,

i like the idea that the code of the strategies can be exported into Mql4 and etc..

Sounds good Mark, so it´s similar to what forexsb.com has been doing for years – either use a bridge to directly trade from it or code the indicator in SQ4 and MQL4 and export the strategy as MQL4 code. Do you also plan to make a online repository where we can share these indicators in a community and directly download them into SQ4? That´s how forexsb.com does it and I find this being a straight forward approach.

In any case: sounds all good and very complex, smell like 1000´s of bugs to me, I am ready to discover them whenever you need me;) Is it planned to use the tasks.strategyquant.com section for this again instead of the Forum? I otherwise fear a untrackable mess if all the bugs will be posted to the Forum instead of the tracker.

Online repository idea sounds great and also mentioned above in my post:

would be cool if it would be like it, i mean the every user will have it own profile in SQ4 and it will allow to connect between other users and share custom indicators/strategies/plugins, would be awesome to have comments and real time chat (personal chat and as-well as a global public chat in between the whole user data base in real time),

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 983 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.