SQ X updates

955 replies

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #114916

Here’s where we can discuss SQ X updates nad news.

This topic was renamed from SQ4 Early preview. The old, no longer relevant posts are or will be deleted and archived.

The point is in clearing up our forum from old, non-relevant stuff.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

kainc301

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 54 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #238353

With still so many bugs even in the existing functionality (did you take a look at the bug tracker site??), this isn´t a good moment to let them add something as complicated as this. It just means a bigger mess of everything honestly. I have so many ideas as well, yet I did not add all of them to the tracker yet, simply because first the basics needs to work PERFECTLY – not just good, but PERFECT, we are trading real money here. So give them a break and wait, like all of us, with new feature requests and instead concentrate on reporting bugs on existing functionality that is broken.

I’m in agreement for focusing more on bugs than features. I thought 118 would be a major bug fix that would take care of most of the important ones. I was only making requests since updates seemed to switch to a 4-week schedule, allowing more time for bugs to be flushed out.

kainc301

Visit profile

5 years ago #238354

With still so many bugs even in the existing functionality (did you take a look at the bug tracker site??), this isn´t a good moment to let them add something as complicated as this. It just means a bigger mess of everything honestly. I have so many ideas as well, yet I did not add all of them to the tracker yet, simply because first the basics needs to work PERFECTLY – not just good, but PERFECT, we are trading real money here. So give them a break and wait, like all of us, with new feature requests and instead concentrate on reporting bugs on existing functionality that is broken.

I’m in agreement for focusing more on bugs than features. I thought 118 would be a major bug fix that would take care of most of the important ones. I was only making requests since updates seemed to switch to a 4-week schedule, allowing more time for bugs to be flushed out. Additionally, there is support for other time frames so I thought there was a basis for this to be implemented easier rather than not. Everything else that seems like an intensive coding job, I leave to the suggestion board for the SQ team to dig through later 😉

DalFX

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 18 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #238356

@keinc301, If you using tick data to generate your Renko candles using OVO Builder in MT4 and then import Renko candles to SQX , you will get exact historic representation of renko charts in SQX, only you will have to base your strategies on OHLC of last renko candle. It works good if you are using larger brick size renko charts,  like 10pips and up as well with larger stop loss. I have good results with it, now if you want to do something with smaller brick size and smaller stops it fails completely without  tick testing!

@geektrader,  You are right there is a lot of another bugs that needs to be addressed in core functionality  it is just point of priorities,  basic stuff should work good first. On another hand for someone who trades exclusively Renko that is actually core functionality that would be nice to have down the road!

@Mark
, Thanks for hard work, SQX is  amazing software and adding QA to it will just make even better!

kainc301

Visit profile

5 years ago #238357

@keinc301, If you using tick data to generate your Renko candles using OVO Builder in MT4 and then import Renko candles to SQX , you will get exact historic representation of renko charts in SQX, only you will have to base your strategies on OHLC of last renko candle. It works good if you are using larger brick size renko charts, like 10pips and up as well with larger stop loss. I have good results with it, now if you want to do something with smaller brick size and smaller stops it fails completely without tick testing! @geektrader, You are right there is a lot of another bugs that needs to be addressed in core functionality it is just point of priorities, basic stuff should work good first. On another hand for someone who trades exclusively Renko that is actually core functionality that would be nice to have down the road! @Mark , Thanks for hard work, SQX is amazing software and adding QA to it will just make even better!

OHLC of last renko candle can mess strategies up drastically depending on how renkos are formatted. Extremely limits capabilities for having different size renkos which is definitely what I need because I only use renko based strategies. Tick data resolution is the only way to truly have accurate renko tests. I love SQ a lot for what it can do but in terms of implementing what I do specifically, it’s not quite there yet. Accurate renko testing has been the bane of my existence for the last 3 years so if we could have this implemented, it would change so much for me. Not to mention, no other platform can do it. Testing in the MT4 backtester is a nightmare. It would be a huge step forward to get resizable renkos that have tick by tick resolution. I also trade exclusively renko bars (if you couldn’t tell haha). I only use time-based strategies SQ has produced.

Enric

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 114 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #238363

Agreed!! Please, take all the time you need but Fix the basic needs first. Forget new features just make work what should work. Besides, new features means new bug list. Haven’t you noticed the huge bug list is still growing at 100 bugs/week? – bug4036 was created on 25/01, bug3936 on 11/01

Enric

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 114 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #238364

Sorry that was 50 bugs per week 🙂

geektrader

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 522 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #238366

Yea, it´s crazy, seems the bug-rate is even going UP lately (possibly just more users and hence more bugs found). This all must first be fixed so that this little mess really starts to work one day. Right now there is always a deal-breaker for me in each and every build, so I haven´t really started using SQX. Right now it´s 1) downloading the new build 2) test it 3) notice there is still too much broken for my workflow 4) submit the bugs 5) wait until the next build and repeat the same procedure. No productive use for me still at the moment 🙁 I am sure we will “get there”, but the team really needs to concentrate to first fix all the issues, only then add new features, because besides that new features take time away from current bugs, they introduce new bugs on top. Maybe if Mark expands the team to 30 people, then it might all work together, but then there are other issues (right hand not knowing what the left hand does) when it comes to big teams. Oh well, guess we´ll just have to let them do their job, at least they are working extremely hard on it, the release to the public was just a TAD too early.

🚀 Unlock Your Edge in Automated Forex Strategy Development 🚀

Historical Forex Data Starting From 1987, 28 Pairs, M1, 99% Error-Free, Lifetime Free Updates

kainc301

Visit profile

5 years ago #238379

Yea, it´s crazy, seems the bug-rate is even going UP lately (possibly just more users and hence more bugs found). This all must first be fixed so that this little mess really starts to work one day. Right now there is always a deal-breaker for me in each and every build, so I haven´t really started using SQX. Right now it´s 1) downloading the new build 2) test it 3) notice there is still too much broken for my workflow 4) submit the bugs 5) wait until the next build and repeat the same procedure. No productive use for me still at the moment 🙁 I am sure we will “get there”, but the team really needs to concentrate to first fix all the issues, only then add new features, because besides that new features take time away from current bugs, they introduce new bugs on top. Maybe if Mark expands the team to 30 people, then it might all work together, but then there are other issues (right hand not knowing what the left hand does) when it comes to big teams. Oh well, guess we´ll just have to let them do their job, at least they are working extremely hard on it, the release to the public was just a TAD too early.

We’re going to get there soon. I have faith that we’re near the end of the platform’s continuous bugs. You have to remember that SQ3 was relatively stable once it was refined. The SQ team is working to fix them fast. It’s only going to work faster if we’re all contributing. When Mark hires more programmers, I’ll try and help out myself if I can. I’m also going to report more on bugs soon when I get more free time. I was only requesting renkos because that’s one of the core components to how I trade. I don’t expect it to come soon. I’d only want it if it didn’t interfere with fixing the major bugs we’re seeing. It seems like they were on track to accomplish that. Trying to be optimistic because we all win in the end. 🙂

tnickel

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 484 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #238411

Not only the bug rate increases.

The amount of good idears increases too. I think this is good for the product. More people remember this software and testing this.

Bugs are a never ending story. At the moment I am generating with 3.8.2. But I use 4.117 for some filtering.

https://monitortool.jimdofree.com/

trader4711

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 28 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #238442

I’m sorry, we’ll not release build 118 today. At the last moment we finally found and reproduced reason for some memory leaks – it happens only during special circumstances – and we are fixing it. Build 118 will be released on Monday or Tuesday next week. Partizanas – yes, functionality of QA will be integrated into SQ X, we will be adding it continually in the next builds.

Hi Marc,

today is Wednesday…when will be B118 released ?

Mark Fric

Visit profile

5 years ago #238444

I’m sorry, I forgot to write that we postponed the release a bit further, to this Friday. It is almost ready, but we need to run tests on it before release.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

kainc301

Visit profile

5 years ago #238470

I’m sorry, I forgot to write that we postponed the release a bit further, to this Friday. It is almost ready, but we need to run tests on it before release.

No worries. I’ll take longer releases that are more stable. 🙂

clonex / Ivan Hudec

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, contributor, author, editor, 271 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #238480

i bet that today 118 will be not relased 🙂

clonex / Ivan Hudec

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, contributor, author, editor, 271 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #238481

edit: it is released thank you SQ TEAM !!!

Mark Fric

Visit profile

5 years ago #238487

Announcement – Build 118 has just been released.

We made progress with Tradestation engine, also with stability, there were few fixes of issues that caused memory leaks. We also fixed as many reported bugs as possible, including the older ones.

Download link: https://strategyquant.com/download

Changelog: https://roadmap.strategyquant.com/projects/sq4/roadmap

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

Viewing 15 replies - 526 through 540 (of 955 total)

1 2 3 35 36 37 62 63 64