SQ X updates

955 replies

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #114916

Here’s where we can discuss SQ X updates nad news.

This topic was renamed from SQ4 Early preview. The old, no longer relevant posts are or will be deleted and archived.

The point is in clearing up our forum from old, non-relevant stuff.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

Mark Fric

Visit profile

5 years ago #233669

rjay – thank you, we’ll look at it.

We have a tool to report bugs here: https://roadmap.strategyquant.com

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

Vaidotas Segenis

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 17 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #233684

Mark, will auto-updater work now? Or will we still need to reinstall each  time?

Mark Fric

Visit profile

5 years ago #233717

Hello,

we just released a new RC2: https://strategyquant.com/betaversion4

Direct download link: https://www.strategyquant.com/licenses/d?code=sqrc2

Changelog: https://roadmap.strategyquant.com/projects/sq4/roadmap

Autoupdater – unfortunately it seems there is still some bug with autoupdater in RC1 version, so it might not  recognize and download the update automatically.
But when you’ll download the setup it should offer you to update your installation instead of installing it anew.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

tnickel

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 488 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #233721

Hi Mark,

it is a good idear with the Benchmark.

My laptop have 6048 Points

my Ryzen 1700 have 38061 Points

thomas

https://monitortool.jimdofree.com/

jmtc1230

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 19 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #233726

Mark – can we talk about the MC feature a little bit here because it doesn’t seem to be getting much development work done.

Question: what is the “cross check data”?  I assume this is some component of the MC  chart from 50% to 100% confidence?

Question: what is reported to “cross check data”?

Question: how do we influence what is reported to “cross check data” such as “I want the 95% level to be reported” or 92%

Question: how do we get this “MC data”or “cross check data” to report into the databank so we can use it for filtering and other testing?

Thanks

– Josh

Mark Fric

Visit profile

5 years ago #233728

benchmark – my dual Xeon CPU has about 66000 strategies per hour

Monte Carlo – you can choose your confidence level when you are choosing some MC condition, so you can use conditions with differetn confidence levels.

Cross check data means results from the given cross check, so if you are editing MC conditions, it would be results from MC, if you are editing Higher percision or additional markets then it will be result of cross check with higher precisionor additional markets.

As for using cross check data in normal filters or databank – yes, it is planned, hopefully we’ll make it into the next RC3.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

Globegains

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 0 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #233729

Benchmark – AMD Threadripper 1920X @ 4.2Ghz – 62247.

CPU load hovering 20-30% … not loading it at all during bench.

jmtc1230

Visit profile

5 years ago #233730

Mark – i don’t see where to choose a confidence level for an MC condition when building.  Can you explain further?  Am i missing something?  Can you post a screenshot?

jmtc1230

Visit profile

5 years ago #233731

Mark, also I am seeing a ton of “pending skipped 0” lines.

11:08:19.059 2013.12.02 10:00:00  Strategy 9.10.9 EURUSD,H1: pending skipped 0

Why do these happen?

rjay

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 45 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #233733

How do you select a Predefined Parameter Set in the Building Blocks ?  I understand what they do but I don’t see how I select it. For example, I want Stoch to use 5/3/3 which is the Default Set 1 …. how do I select it ?  There is no tickbox or anything to choose it.  It’s not clear at all ….

tnickel

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 488 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #233735

I think at the moment (RC2) I can´t belive the backtester in SQ 4.0

a) If I export Data from SQ 4.0 and load it into SQ 3.8.2

the Backtest is different

b) Backtests with SQ 4.0 with Strategies of 3.8.2 are totally different in SQ 4.0

c) SQ 4.0 find less Strategies than SQ 3.8.2

The correct function of the Backtester in SQ 4.0 is the most importend part of the SQ.

https://monitortool.jimdofree.com/

Mark Fric

Visit profile

5 years ago #233737

Mark – i don’t see where to choose a confidence level for an MC condition when building. Can you explain further? Am i missing something? Can you post a screenshot?

I’m attaching a screenshot

How do you select a Predefined Parameter Set in the Building Blocks ? I understand what they do but I don’t see how I select it. For example, I want Stoch to use 5/3/3 which is the Default Set 1 …. how do I select it ? There is no tickbox or anything to choose it. It’s not clear at all ….

we’ll improve the documentation, but generally program randomly chooses either generating all values randomly or choosing one predefined set. If you want it not to use some of the sets just delete them. We’ll add config about this .

Thomas – we’ll look at the differences between SQ3 and SQ4 in the next RC3.

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

rjay

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 45 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #233739

How do you select a Predefined Parameter Set in the Building Blocks ? I understand what they do but I don’t see how I select it. For example, I want Stoch to use 5/3/3 which is the Default Set 1 …. how do I select it ? There is no tickbox or anything to choose it. It’s not clear at all ….

we’ll improve the documentation, but generally program randomly chooses either generating all values randomly or choosing one predefined set. If you want it not to use some of the sets just delete them. We’ll add config about this .

So if I want a building block to use the predefined sets rather than random, what do I do ? That’s what I don’t understand. If I look at the Edit Parameter screen, there is a choice of Random or Fixed Value: there is no choice of predefined set.

RNG

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 9 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #233748

Hi Mark the RC2 doesn’t run anymore, the RC1 still working, the RC2 show the splash screen and after this crash…

mabi

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 261 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #233751

Mine RC2 is working fine on both my servers. Now i did have problem previosly with other betas with blue screens ,etc.  I upgraded the bios and drivers plus there was a driver update for use with java 1.8 and above for my motherboards. Now it seems fine.

Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 955 total)

1 2 3 4 62 63 64