Not logged in

Forums

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 908 total)
  • #136238 |
    Customer
    356 Posts

I will trade 35% winning strategies so almost 100% sounds good. He he.

Customer
    434 Posts

i like HTML 5…good you go with trend!  i am bored of using TeamViewer (windows sucks)….now we can use android, linux and chromium to access the SQ, great.

How does GRID support work?–> when i have one licenese, i can use SQ on many computers/cores/vps? or i need to instal some starter versions as well and conect it together?

Custom building block this can be for example Close 1? Or SMA 20?

There is nothing worse than not moving forward, but you are determining the trend. good job

i have a dream that one day windows will be as good as SQ (user friendy, fast, inovative, taking feedbacks from users seriously…)

Customer
    2 Posts

Mike, you’re so correct. I think that’s the beauty of cross platform development and how it’s evolved over the last 15 years. Right now I’m doing a big iOS project but it’s all front end, the business sits on the other side of rest services. But to your point, agree and have been a fan of those technologies for years. Honestly, I think the mobile web [HTMLx + JavaScript + CSSx] will beat the “App”. At least for anything non graphic intensive like games. Thanks for the links! Very cool stuff.

Karish
    Customer
    577 Posts

Mark are you re-building the renko engine again?, nothing seems to work with this version, i followed all the instructions from AZ-INVEST with adding the code lines that makes the 99.90% tick quality possible but the strategies that created by SQ not showing the same result on MT4 backtest neither the demo trading.., something is definitely wrong i dont know what exactly though…, please re check this subject that would be awesome if you do fix the offline charts variant, and i did try all the orders.. Market orders, Limit, Stop….., nothing match the results of SQ with MT4…..

Customer
    356 Posts

I guess even if you have all ticks in the renkobar for calculation it does not matter since the indicators are build on the smoothed  faked price action of the renko bar so backtest data is not reliable in any type of trading platform. Many have tried and failed , 

Customer
    356 Posts

@ Karish

http://www.futures.io  is a forum were people write for instance journals on their development of strategies and trading methods. It has been around since 2009 and is a great information source and if you think you come up with something new search there first and you will find that someone have already tried it but they are always open for discussions. Renkobars has been developed in different forms over the years to try and improve the backtest results but they always fails. Renko bars is used for manual trading or semi manual to smooth out price action all seasoned traders know that they cannot be used in backtest.

Administrator
    3071 Posts

we’d like to implement also Renko bars in SQ, it is not that big amount of work. I also haven’t seen anybody trading successfully with them, but it could be also because current backtesting tools are inadequate.

I’ll leave this open, we’ll see when we’ll make it work.

Mark
    StrategyQuant architect

Karish
    Customer
    577 Posts

we’d like to implement also Renko bars in SQ, it is not that big amount of work. I also haven’t seen anybody trading successfully with them, but it could be also because current backtesting tools are inadequate.

I’ll leave this open, we’ll see when we’ll make it work.

i’ve seen some people that made renko based EAs and trading them for a living but they wont share the strategy that it based on, nether what renko bars form (original, median, etc..),

THAT IS POSSIBLE, problem is that maybe there is a problem with SQ’s renko engine OR az-invest script side of things,

i see nothing else.

BTW READ THIS: https://futures.io/ninjatrader/32241-renko-backtest-optimization-results-magicly-changing.html#post544395

Customer
    356 Posts

I have a renkobar that can be backtested but you have to turn off the wave mode and result are totally different with wave mode on or offI have runned it for 4 month´s on wave mode off on Market replay data and it is pretty accurate. However you can just aswell build strategies on minute bars so i gave it up. Below screen dumps are tick based renkos with wave mode on and off. The off mode gives the correct open and close of the bar.

Attachments in this forum are visible only for registered users.
    Attachments in this forum are visible only for registered users.
    Customer
    734 Posts

I’m sure its possible to make systems that use renko, but there is nothing about them that gives them a special edge or “holy grail”.

Customer
    289 Posts

Think so. With all due respect

Customer
    356 Posts

One way could be to have the backtest engine to recordnize that it was an renko bar and a special renko bar that  gave 2 close or open values. One for the indicators to build on and one for true backtest . 

Karish
    Customer
    577 Posts

Dont know, i think that Mark and the team will find a way to make it happen,

and no its not about a “holy grail” there is no such thing as you already know…,

its just another way to trade.., its like another timeframe, if you like to trade on H1 for example but the H1 is problematic at this point and you only can trade on M15 that would suck right?.., same story here..

Participant
    12 Posts

Hi..

Sorry. A bit confuse.the info of new sq4 is everywhere..

Is it this week the release of new sq4 ?

Thks…

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 908 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.