SQ X updates

955 replies

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #114916

Here’s where we can discuss SQ X updates nad news.

This topic was renamed from SQ4 Early preview. The old, no longer relevant posts are or will be deleted and archived.

The point is in clearing up our forum from old, non-relevant stuff.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

Stormin_Norman

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 36 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #257965

I am seeing two isses – my CPU rate instead of being a constant 100% utilisation jumps to various states between 60% and 100% each reported timeframe.

2nd is my initial population tab appears as empty even though I have loaded strategies into it and they show up as being saved on exit:

"To be or not to be? That is the qu3stinn" - Monkey on the typewriter

Mark Fric

Visit profile

3 years ago #257994

mike, please download the updated SQX.exe file here: https://strategyquant.com/downloads/StrategyQuantX.exe

The issue was caused by ended support of SSL/TLS v 1 in the old version of the exe file.

We will release Build 128 in a few days – maybe Wednesday, we are making some final tests. It will solve the memory problems, which are most probably responsible also for freesing in the Retester.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

eastpeace

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 305 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #258106

Hello, Mark,

Will b128 be released this week?

I followed with interest the shift bars range issuse.  I hope it won’t be excluded at last.

Wish you all the best.

Mark Fric

Visit profile

3 years ago #258126

Hi, sorry for waiting, Build 128 was released just now.

It is mainly a bugfix version, fixing memory problems of 127 and other smaller bugs, we added one perk – Martingale Money Management option – it was requested a lot.

It is still experimental, and works for MT4/5 only for now.

As for the remaining bugs reported – we made a pledge to fix ALL the bugs in the next build(s), before adding any new features. We expect next build to be released in a few weeks and either than one, or the one after that (depending on  the release frequency) will be BUG FREE.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #258162

martingale – first way how to loose your money 🙂

backtests will be ok, because in principle you have profitable strategy, but imagine what will happen when the strategy will stop working – and this is not a question IF, but WHEN

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #258178

i know how its implemented…but if the strategy will start to die, there will be plenty of losses and even bigger drawdowns and we will not get faster to recovery

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Martin

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 17 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #258179

I completely agree with hankeys, Martingale is a great way to lose money, a good money management system is not going to make a bad strategy profitable, but a bad money management system can convert a profitable strategy into a hard-losing one. Anyways it’s your money, martingala can work in the very short term, but will eventually destroy your account.

mikeyc

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 877 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #258364

Hi,

My SQX updated to build 128, but it never gets past the loading Gui stage.

Loading GUI…

I had previously downloaded and replaced the exe manually with 127 because of a TLS error

Any advice?

Cheers,

Mike

mabi

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 261 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #258382

I tried the Martingale settings and generated some on 200 threads for a wail.. hmm  much higher DD for  lower net profit is my general feeling of strategies using this moneymanagement.

Also this that a strategi is dying is nonsense and just an excuse for bad performance it is called stagnation all strategies have this. If you only have the same strategies in your portfolios they will all stagnate at the same time based on instrument they are trading on.

mabi

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 261 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #258384

Also this that a strategi is dying is nonsense and just an excuse for bad performance it is called stagnation all strategies have this. If you only have the same strategies in your portfolios they will all stagnate at the same time based on instrument they are trading on.

Well i take that back it depends on which time intervall the strategy was made for. If it has only worked on recent data and never before it will die but if it worked on 100 years of data it will work sometime in the near future again 🙂

Mark Fric

Visit profile

3 years ago #258407

Hi, My SQX updated to build 128, but it never gets past the loading Gui stage. Loading GUI…

Mike, it looks like tome problem with corrupted JS app after the upgrade. Could you make a clean installation?

Then to transfer all data and settings from your old one just copy over the whole /user folder.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

eastpeace

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 305 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #259192

Hello, Mark,

Could you please implement Sortino Ratio in B129? It ‘s a good fitness function, I think. Maybe it ‘s very useful for strategy building and ranking.

Vaidotas Segenis

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 17 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #259496

Hi

Darwinex has their stock CFD data in their FTP

will you add darwinex stock cfd data in data manager – Darwinex tick data?

Thank you

Vaidotas

Insanity82007

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, 30 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #259511

Hi, My SQX updated to build 128, but it never gets past the loading Gui stage. Loading GUI… I had previously downloaded and replaced the exe manually with 127 because of a TLS error Any advice? Cheers, Mike

I had the same issue. I did a fresh install using the full install zip file and it worked fine.

Make sure to backup your old SQ folder and copy data, projects and custom views over.

Also make sure to use Graal-VM instead of the standard Java that comes with the install or the GUI will run terribly, especially on hosted remote dedicated servers. On top of this Graal uses less memory and produces strategies faster:

https://strategyquant.com/forum/topic/15-performance-boost-and-40-less-memory-usage-using-graalvm/

mikeyc

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 877 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #259679

Okay,

So I’m up and running again by reinstalling SQX 128 from scratch. Thanks to all for the help.

I’ve also switched to the GraalVM Java runtime.  Cool.

However, I tried to add a custom data indicator, but just trying to Add New I get a SQL Lite database error on saving.

SQLITE_ERROR

table DATA has no column named VALUESOBJECT

Anyone know what I’m doing wrong?

Thanks,

Mike

Viewing 15 replies - 916 through 930 (of 955 total)

1 2 3 61 62 63 64