SQ X updates

955 replies

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #114916

Here’s where we can discuss SQ X updates nad news.

This topic was renamed from SQ4 Early preview. The old, no longer relevant posts are or will be deleted and archived.

The point is in clearing up our forum from old, non-relevant stuff.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

mabi

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 261 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #259701

Mike. SQ 128 have a bug that can be signficant overtime. It do not respect distance from price settings since it is not present in MQL code which if you use it can have large diffrences in traded result and backtested results when it comes to strategy type , Stop and Limit. It is fixed but not realeased yet.

mikeyc

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 877 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #259969

Hi SQX Team,

So we now have the ability to measure portfolio correlation.  Any chance we will see a “Portfolio Builder” section in SQX that can comb through our generated strategies and find the combinations that result in the lowest correlation for any given aim / ranking?

https://strategyquant.com/doc/strategyquant/results-strategy-correlation/

Thanks,

Mike

tomas262

Visit profile

3 years ago #260011

Hello,

this is a planned feature we would like to focus on after the next “bugkill” update is released. We want to have this feature available for sure. Many users have requested this too

ytu

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 23 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #260132

Just a few quick questions:
1) SQX 128 has Simple Martingale MM, and it says ‘Experimental feature’.
Does it mean the resulted code is not ready for real trading?

2) Can we also add one more feature such as adding Hedge position?
Meaning, in contrast to Martingale, here we add a reverse position according to ‘Lots multiplier’.
For example if lots multiplier is 2, we start with 0.01 lot BUY, then the market goes south, it is then open 0.02 lot SELL position, then the market goes up, it opens 0.04 lot BUY position, etc.

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #260133

these “techniques” dont work, trust me – and it has nothing to do with the logic of SQX strats

hedging, martingale = margin call – sooner or later

accept the SL as a normal strategy behavior and keep it simple – thats my advice

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

ytu

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 23 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #260137

these “techniques” dont work, trust me – and it has nothing to do with the logic of SQX strats hedging, martingale = margin call – sooner or later accept the SL as a normal strategy behavior and keep it simple – thats my advice

Thanks much for your feedback.
I appreciate it.
I believe SQX must be at a neutral position which providing tools to allow us crafting our trading strategies.

eastpeace

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 305 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #260177

Hello,

I can’t copy the data and the setting from dev 6 to rc 1.

1, I export the data, instrument setting from dev6, and then import to the rc1.

2, I copy the ../usr/data from dev 6 to the rc1.

But the data in rc1 is null.

Here I have a suggestion.

Add the data default folder setting in the global setting. And Users can also specify the location of this folder according to their preferences.

Maybe you can let the user specify this folder during installation.

So we don’t need to re-import the data after a new installation.

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

Mark Fric

Visit profile

3 years ago #260477

Hello all,

just in case you haven’t noticed we released a final SQ Build 129 yesterday (11.8.2020).

You should be requested to update when you start SQ.

This was a release where we focused on fixing all the reported bugs and we fixed all the older ones, over 300 issues. Some smaller issues added very recently will be fixed in the next release.

There were some features added, the “biggest” one is probably a new What-If cross check.

Build 129 was tested quite thoroughly with Release Candidates 1-3 also with community, I want to thank everybody who helped testing it.

We have one more surprise in our sleeve – we are working on Mac and Linux versions, they should be available (as experimental) shortly.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

Oliver

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 121 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #260489

Fantastic to hear of more and continuous updates to come

kasinath

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, sq-ultimate, 112 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #260492

Thats great news, Mark.  Thanks for the update.

This product is such a game-changer.

You guys are really doing wonderful work!

Mark Fric

Visit profile

3 years ago #261510

Hi all,

we just released (an experimental) StrategyQuant versions for Linux and Mac.

You can download them from SQ Download page.

Please let us know if you’ll experience any problems, we are looking forward for your feedback 🙂

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

coensio

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 106 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #261578

Hi,

We are waiting for this feature so long by now …can you guys indicate when it will be finally possible to write your own strategies in java? Like those examples in:

\extend\Snippets\SQ\Strategies\

Basically I need to make one generic strategy with several different entry filters and be able to optimize it using specified input parameters, without coding and then configuring tens of snippets and blocks etc etc…

Will it ever be possible, if yes then when?

Thanks!

This is a false statement.

Conmariin

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, customer, 54 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #261836

Hi all, we just released (an experimental) StrategyQuant versions for Linux and Mac. You can download them from SQ Download page. Please let us know if you’ll experience any problems, we are looking forward for your feedback 🙂

Wow! Thank you! 🙂

I am looking forward to have a production version on Linux in future! Well done! Actually I rent a windowsserver to do the strategyjobs. Windowsserver are double the price of a linuxserver, but in germany the energy prices are so high that even the expensive windowsserver are cheaper than running a machine at home 😀

Wonderful news that in future it gets cheaper for me!

Best regards

Conni

Automatisches Handeln mit Expert Advisor
https://www.rabenesche.de

Tomas Brynda

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 7 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #262560

Hi everyone,

I have just uploaded a new version of SQX for MAC. Previously there were issues with file dialogs causing the whole program to freeze.

It is now fixed and should be working fine. You can download the latest version here: https://cdn.strategyquant.com/install/sq/SQX_130_MAC.zip

PS: Please don’t forget to copy the unzipped app into Applications folder and run from there.

Looking forward to your feedback

Best regards,

Tomas

Tomas
SQ software engineer

Jason

Customer, bbp_participant, sq-ultimate, 69 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #262606

Thanks Tomas thats worked fine. No freezing and the equity curves are now being displayed correctly.

Viewing 15 replies - 931 through 945 (of 955 total)

1 2 3 62 63 64