SQ X updates

955 replies

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #114916

Here’s where we can discuss SQ X updates nad news.

This topic was renamed from SQ4 Early preview. The old, no longer relevant posts are or will be deleted and archived.

The point is in clearing up our forum from old, non-relevant stuff.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

Mark Fric

Visit profile

4 years ago #247472

we updated installer in version 123, so that could also be why it works now.

We also made it so that when you install new version to an existing SQ folder it will recognize it and does not overwrite u/user folder, keeping all your data, configs and strategies intact.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #247476

nice one…

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

tnickel

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 488 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #247480

This version 124 is more stable. Good work Mark

https://monitortool.jimdofree.com/

hankeys

Visit profile

4 years ago #247554

when a portfolio master will be added to SQX, are there any plans?

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Tanaroj Rangsicharoenlerd

Subscriber, customer, community, bbp_participant, sq-ultimate, 7 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #247585

sqx has bug?

why i backtest use same data from mt4 and sqx

resault not same or nearly?

please guide me

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

tomas262

Visit profile

4 years ago #247587

sqx has bug? why i backtest use same data from mt4 and sqx resault not same or nearly? please guide me

Tanaroj, this topic does not serve the purpose of reporting such things as backtest differences. You can send me the strategy to [email protected] and I can help you find reasons why the backtest does not match

Mark Fric

Visit profile

4 years ago #247595

Taranaj – this is most probably a problem of different data or setings. Backtest in SQ should match MT4.

There is a description about reliable backtesting in our documentation: https://strategyquant.com/doc-category/reliable-backtesting/

hankeys – no, we don’t have plan for that for the near future. There are many things that could be added to SQ that have higher priority. But we are going to add some new features into build 125, maybe (just maybe) we’ll be able to add also Portfolio master.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

yourrodstaff

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 60 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #247705

It seems like   with the B124 I can hardly get strategy builder output if I check the crosscheck monte carlo ,

without MC on I can get reasonable output rate say 30s to mins per strategy , with MC on it will take 7hrs to 2day.

i believe  it is not the case at least  before B122,

so far  I can’t tell it is due to my configuration or it is due to the updates, anyone else experiencing the same problem?

hankeys

Visit profile

4 years ago #247707

no…in B124 was added 2 things to MC tests

– backtest precision

– setting if you want to run MC test on IS only or on full sample

so maybe its about your setting, i dont experience any problems

kainc301

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 54 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #248300

Hey Mark,

From my observations, it seems as if we’re very close to a fully stable build of SQX with the last round of impeding bugs to be addressed in the next build 125.

Build 124 has been pretty stable for me so far. That being said, is the focus for future builds after 125 going to still be bug fixes? Or will there be more of a shift towards implementing new features?

I see you’re adding more portfolio capabilities in 125 (which is amazing and much appreciated). With the amount of “significant” bugs decreasing, Do you feel like SQX is ready to shift more towards more significant features yet or do you feel like there is still much work to be done of higher priority before getting there? Curious as to your thoughts on the next phase for SQX and if you think we are approaching it or if it still seems far away.

Mark Fric

Visit profile

4 years ago #248301

we added some new bugger features already in Build 123/4. YOu are right that the number of bugs is lower, our goal is to fix all the reported bugs, but none of them are blocking, so we have time also for new features.

The goal for B 125 is to fix as many reported bugs as possible, and again add some new major features – we will add possibility to import custom data (indicators) like it was in SQ3, and computation of all metrics also for every OOS part separately if you use multiple OOS.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

ytu

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 23 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #248320

Hi all, I need help for a guide on how to use SQX to create EA for a BINARY OPTIONS TRADING.

Is it possible? If it is how?

Note: the broker is able to accept order for binary trading
OrderSend(Symbol(), OP_BUY, Lots, Bid, 3, 0, 0, “BO exp:X”)

where:

OP_BUY is the parameter for purchasing a Call Option and OP_SELL is the parameter for purchasing a Put Option.
Lots is a variable of type “double” equal to the size of the trade. For example Lots=100 would open a trade with 100 USD.
“BO exp:X” – replace “X” with the desired expiry expressed in seconds. Please note that the expiry should be one of the available: 60, 120, 300, 600, 900, 1800, 3600, 14400 or 86400 seconds.

Thx

kainc301

Visit profile

4 years ago #248325

Hi all, I need help for a guide on how to use SQX to create EA for a BINARY OPTIONS TRADING. Is it possible? If it is how? Note: the broker is able to accept order for binary trading OrderSend(Symbol(), OP_BUY, Lots, Bid, 3, 0, 0, “BO exp:X”) where: OP_BUY is the parameter for purchasing a Call Option and OP_SELL is the parameter for purchasing a Put Option. Lots is a variable of type “double” equal to the size of the trade. For example Lots=100 would open a trade with 100 USD. “BO exp:X” – replace “X” with the desired expiry expressed in seconds. Please note that the expiry should be one of the available: 60, 120, 300, 600, 900, 1800, 3600, 14400 or 86400 seconds. Thx

Currently, the only way to achieve this is to set the max duration a trade can be open for x bars and use x in order to determine time. I submitted a request to add the option to specify a time interval as this will be needed for non time based bars and it was moved to the backend. So no idea when it will be added but specifying specific duration was moved to the backlog of tasks to complete. Currently it is in SQ programming https://sq.projectpanel.com/tasks/sqp_0004

kainc301

Visit profile

4 years ago #248327

@Mark

Any chance of implementing non-time based bars (renko/range) in all testing resolutions by the end of the year? This is the number one thing on my Christmas list 🙂

ytu

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 23 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #248328

Currently, the only way to achieve this is to set the max duration a trade can be open for x bars and use x in order to determine time. I submitted a request to add the       option to specify a time interval as this will be needed for non time based bars and it was moved to the backend. So no idea when it will be added but specifying     
     specific duration was moved to the backlog of tasks to complete. Currently it is in SQ programming https://sq.projectpanel.com/tasks/sqp_0004

Thanks for info above. Really appreciate it.
Can you send me an example of SQX file to let me start with some hands-on (this is my best Christmas present this year 🙂

Also,  does anyone knows a list of Binary Options brokers accepting orders via MT4 EA?

Thx.

Viewing 15 replies - 736 through 750 (of 955 total)

1 2 3 49 50 51 62 63 64