SQ X updates

955 replies

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #114916

Here’s where we can discuss SQ X updates nad news.

This topic was renamed from SQ4 Early preview. The old, no longer relevant posts are or will be deleted and archived.

The point is in clearing up our forum from old, non-relevant stuff.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

tnickel

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 489 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #237608

Hi,

I tried a update from 115 to 116

The update works, but after update the sq 4.116 don´t start.

I tested this on 3 different computers.

There is a bug in the update installation

https://monitortool.jimdofree.com/

AC1962

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 97 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #237612

Hi Mark

Exactly same problem for me. I auto-upgraded 1x instance of SQX v115 to v116 and now v116 won’t launch.

See bug ID SQ4_3732 for fix

Thanks

AC1962

Ilya

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 105 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #237614

Hi, I tried a update from 115 to 116 The update works, but after update the sq 4.116 don´t start. I tested this on 3 different computers. There is a bug in the update installation

Same here..

Jojo

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 50 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #237616

Hi, I tried a update from 115 to 116 The update works, but after update the sq 4.116 don´t start. I tested this on 3 different computers. There is a bug in the update installation

Same here..

I did make a fresh installation and works for me.

geektrader

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 522 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #237620

Yes, there is a problem with a class in Build 116 that is not loading correctly with Java 11 / 10 (the one that ships as default with SQX). Just swap out the J64 directory with the content of this ZIP, which is latest Java 12 EA build:

https://download.java.net/java/early_access/jdk12/24/GPL/openjdk-12-ea+24_windows-x64_bin.zip

Then it will work just fine and with Java 12, SQX is even faster as per my benchmarks anyway.

Mark: the error message why it won´t start with Java 11 is this: “Error during initialization. Loading of StrategyModifier class was unsuccessful in StrategyBase.init()!”

You can easily recreate it by using the latest Java 11 nightly build from here for example: https://github.com/AdoptOpenJDK/openjdk11-binaries/releases/download/jdk11u-2018-12-20-05-59/OpenJDK11U-jdk_x64_windows_hotspot_2018-12-20-05-59.zip

🚀 Unlock Your Edge in Automated Forex Strategy Development 🚀

Historical Forex Data Starting From 1987, 28 Pairs, M1, 99% Error-Free, Lifetime Free Updates

1Trader

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 4 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #237621

Hi Mark

Thanks to you and all your team’s efforts and support to date – it’s been fantastic. SQX has come a long way. Having read most of the previous threads in this post I can see everyone is keen to get SQX full product suite stable, including ironing out bugs that are re-appearing in subsequent releases.

It’s fantastic that your customer base is supporting all your testing efforts and reporting bugs and providing suggestions for additional features.

As a suggestion, given that your resources are limited would it be better to dedicate 100% of your team to focus on fixing the existing SQX bugs (including Algowizard – and bringing Algowizard to at least the equivalent level of EA Wizard 3.8.2).

I say this because I notice that in most new SQX releases there are new features (i.e. Build 116 came with the new flexible timeframes). It also seems like (based on previous threads) that resources are being diverted to other features like Neural Network trainer, support for grid, etc…).

All of these new features and more are really good and shows your forward thinking, but I think any new features would be better ‘sitting’ on a solid, robust, reliable foundation of the full product suite (SQX & Algowizard).

Thank you and your team again for all your help and support throughout 2018…I wish you all and your families a very happy and safe Xmas and New Year.

Thanks

Kev

1Trader

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 4 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #237622

…Geektrader…Brilliant…bravo…happy Xmas…Kev

Martin

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 17 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #237645

At least for me java 12 is not able to build systems for more than 1 hour because of memory problems. If that were your situation, it is a much better idea to make a clean 116 build install and then in your previous sq install just save configurations and then copy data folder from your old install to the new one, then simply open the config file with new 116 and boalah, it worked for me.

geektrader

Visit profile

5 years ago #237646

All good with Java 12 here, running for +24 hours already (on Java 12) and it achieved more systems/hour than Java 10 or 11. But yes, doing a clean install and copying the user folder won´t hurt for sure.

Historical Forex Data Starting From 1987, 28 Pairs, M1, 99% Error-Free, Lifetime Free Updates

Martin

Visit profile

5 years ago #237647

I suppose it is only a problem with my computer. With previous version same config I didn’t have memory problems however now it can’t stand for more than 1 hour without freezing bcuz of memory

geektrader

Visit profile

5 years ago #237648

What is the exact problem you are seeing with your memory?

Martin

Visit profile

5 years ago #237649

It is raising continually, it used to be around 10 gb moving from like 8 to 14 or so but now it just goes higher and higher until eventually after 45 mins it is over 20 and freezes, maybe it is because of the collector or I don’t know, I am trying to find a solution but most likely I won’t then tomorrow I would report it as a bug.

geektrader

Visit profile

5 years ago #237650

Really odd, because I have no issue here. That is on Windows 10 64-bit, using Java 12 (as described above) with ParallelGC (see Options in SQX), max memory limit of 27 GB (although it rarely uses > 10 GB of that anyway), building on 32 years of EURUSD H1 data, selected time frame only, genetic evolution with population size 200, 8000 generations and 3 islands with migration all 20 generations.

geektrader

Visit profile

5 years ago #237652

Maybe try Java 12 and ParallelGC and if still having that issue, try the G1 GC instead. Also remember that what really fills up the memory over time, are the database entries. I´ve limited mine to the 300 best (by custom fitness). Alternatively, you can try to switch on “Use file-based databanks” in the Configuration -> Databanks tab. This way they will not fill up your memory but are kept on disk. If you have a fast SSD, that is a good option and is not really slower than if keeping them in memory. And, the best thing, if SQX crashes, your strategies will not be lost.

Martin

Visit profile

5 years ago #237654

Yea it is very strange, same config file in version 113 does not go over 10 gb and if it does it will then go back, however with 116 it will just keep raising, I am getting the images and will report it as a bug but it looks like it has to do with my computer.

Viewing 15 replies - 466 through 480 (of 955 total)

1 2 3 31 32 33 62 63 64