Did anyone record the webinar of http://www.autotrading.academy/ ?

90 replies

geektrader

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 522 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #115108

Hi Guys,

since I had no time today nor do have time on Thursday to watch the webinar that was promoted by Mark at http://www.autotrading.academy/did anyone possibly record it and can publish it? Not sure if it´s legal to do so(?), but would really like to see it, even if it might bring nothing new to the table, more informations never hurt:)

Thanks.

🚀 Unlock Your Edge in Automated Forex Strategy Development 🚀

Historical Forex Data Starting From 1987, 28 Pairs, M1, 99% Error-Free, Lifetime Free Updates

_Cujo

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 102 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #136962

Really an excessive amount of spam from signing up (and attending, which was fairly pointless since it was straight hard sales, no value add).  I just got ANOTHER email from SQ pushing this course.

I unsubscribed from the the webinar updates on Sunday. Between Thursday morning, when the webinar was here in California, until I unsubscribed on Sunday, I got 6 emails from “Rimantas & Justin”. That’s almost 2 emails a day….until I unsubscribed, which I admittedly should have done faster.

Then, in addition to that, now I’m getting emails from SQ directly also pushing the training course. Why am I getting so much spam, I already own SQ. I really don’t want to filter SQ in to spam, as I have a lot of communication with Tomas, and SQ, but this is to much….

mabi

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 261 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #136964

Asked Kevin Davey in regards to incubating 100’s to 1000’s of strategies and just pick the best ones for trading  cash as mentioned in the webinar. Below was the answer.

“Be careful with incubating 1000s and just trading the best.  Some will always be good, and it might be due to random chance..”.

vinoc

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 1 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #136965

I’d be more interested into what exactly their development and evaluation framework is in terms of what sort of robustness tests they do or exact criteria for what they consider to be a valid strategy that hasn’t already been covered in any of these forums or anywhere else for that matter, and exactly what biases they have addressed and their methods to minimize them. There’s probably nothing worse than paying for a course valued at thousands of dollars when the material they offer is already freely available online and very probably just a re-mashed collection of them, albeit just presented in a more streamlined faster-to-assimilate manner.

Has anyone signed up and can offer an insider review?

rafaeldelrey

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 18 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #136967

Is there any added value on this course, compared to purchasing SQ products and using them?

Patrick

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 424 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #136968

Is there any added value on this course, compared to purchasing SQ products and using them?

for newies it can safe a lot of time, but probably (because we dont know whats in the course) its overpriced. better ask at support fot their pdf manual.

_Cujo

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 102 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #136969

If you want to learn SQ, read as much as you can – there’s an ebook, you can ask Tomas for in this thread. There is also a comprehensive manual that comes with SQ. Both have complete step by step walk throughs of many parts of strategy generation, testing and implementing on your platform, for different different platforms even. The step by step walk throughs are even different from ebook to manual, so you see a few different ways to do the same thing.

There’s many articles on SQ.com here.

Threshold has a couple of useful videos on Youtube.

So, there is plenty of self study material available. For sure taking a course will save you time, though.

Also, good is to just use the software, experiment, play with it. It can be fun and interesting to take generated strategies through to live on a platform, so you can learn by doing as well. But it’s study, and work but you have to start somewhere.

CMKCMK

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 44 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #136992

I’d be more interested into what exactly their development and evaluation framework is in terms of what sort of robustness tests they do or exact criteria for what they consider to be a valid strategy that hasn’t already been covered in any of these forums or anywhere else for that matter, and exactly what biases they have addressed and their methods to minimize them. There’s probably nothing worse than paying for a course valued at thousands of dollars when the material they offer is already freely available online and very probably just a re-mashed collection of them, albeit just presented in a more streamlined faster-to-assimilate manner.

Has anyone signed up and can offer an insider review?

Nope, 

For existing SQ users I think the price EUR1,997 is far too expensive. I am sure I can learn several useful tips from the course but at that price, I doubt any existing SQ user will sign up. I stand to be corrected and if there is anyone has signed up, gone through the course, please share with the community. 

IMHO they have priced themselves out. Had it been USD500 I may jump on it, just to get that little edge…

Think about it, in a few months time, SQ 4 will be launched and it is built from ground-up and most likely the GUI will be totally different and work flow may not be the same. The course will then be outdated…

I hope they can take our feedback seriously and relaunch the course at a reasonable price with SQ 4 format. 

Cheers

mabi

Visit profile

7 years ago #136995

I might have bought it for 99.95.Definately for 49.95. SQ should really have this for free. Or webinars like other vendors have posted on youtube this would sell alot more product cant really understand why you would promote someone elses product especically if it is based on your own. I we had some do this in our company he would be fired for sure.

geektrader

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 522 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #136998

Honestly, I get the feeling this course IS the reason why SQ 4 is not out yet, since it would invalidate their teaching (e.g. new user interface and totally new features in SQ 4). Just imagine, people buy this course now and SQ 4 would come out, they would NOT be able to convince people to instead of SQ 3 and use their methods, you know how people are….. 

Mark said they set a deadline for a first alpha / beta end of April… nothing came out yet, but we got that course now which is fully built on SQ 3, makes you really wonder if this has something to do with the SQ 4 steady delay:(

🚀 Unlock Your Edge in Automated Forex Strategy Development 🚀

Historical Forex Data Starting From 1987, 28 Pairs, M1, 99% Error-Free, Lifetime Free Updates

ctraverso

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 34 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #137003

I completely agree with all of you. I also attended the webinar and also chatted with Chris from coensio.com who promotes the course saying that the course is too expensive and of course he didn’t agree. 3-500$ would be the right price in my opinion.

Anyway I’ve seen the myfxbook monitor they use and it’s really interesting. I also noted that something similar is already up in the asirikuy site,

I found also this link in order to create a PHP file http://www.myfxbook.com/community/programming/free-php-implementation-myfxbook-api/137611,1

but it doesn’t work properly. Is anyone able to fix the code and share a working file?

Threshold

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 723 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #137014

I am gona upload way better tutorials than them for FREE on youtube when SQ4 comes out just to spite these guys out of business 😉
I’ll have to do more work on my portfolio and get it higher by the time SQ4 comes out (should have a lot of time if u kno what I mean) so I’ll actually have real proof of work over them too. New server should be here before the weekend…
Free SQ resources and improved community performance is good for Marc… if its good for Marc he keeps updating which is good for us.

ctraverso

Visit profile

7 years ago #137015

I am gona upload way better tutorials than them for FREE on youtube when SQ4 comes out just to put these losers out of business 😉

Keep us up-to-date. I bought SQ last December buy I’m really working tough since  a couple of months and I’m interested in learning new good stuff. Thanks,

ctraverso

Visit profile

7 years ago #137047

If somebody is interested, I found that they sell the “famous” useful indicator that monitors several experts for 97 usd (standard fee).

Here is the link http://www.mymt4book.com/intro-video/?optin=1

mabi

Visit profile

7 years ago #137054

If somebody is interested, I found that they sell the “famous” useful indicator that monitors several experts for 97 usd (standard fee).

Here is the link http://www.mymt4book.com/intro-video/?optin=1

Much better info on “their” product then what came out of from the sales webinar. Priced at 97 $ pretty good for what seems to be a very good tool. 

Also good info that he only seems to have a few that actually works on live data of 100’s that have past all the tests even considering their education videos on how to create robust strategies.. go figure that one out. :blink:

Patrick

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 424 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #137055

Much better info on “their” product then what came out of from the sales webinar. Priced at 97 $ pretty good for what seems to be a very good tool. 

Also good info that he only seems to have a few that actually works on live data of 100’s that have past all the tests even considering their education videos on how to create robust strategies.. go figure that one out. :blink:

thanks.

but i still dont uderstand how it can improve my trading (better than myfxbook)

because, i am choosing strategies not according to its earnins but according to its robustness.

i can see in SQ backtest which strategy is earning for much longer period.

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 90 total)

1 2 3 4 5 6